svn-1528 on NSLU2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kranw
    Participant

Hi,

I installed svn-1528 on my NLSU2 over svn-1523. After restarting firefly my Soundbridge M500 does not see any music library.
    Do I have to do something because of the change of mDns. ?

Thanks. Wouter

rpedde
    Participant

@kranw wrote:

Hi,

I installed svn-1528 on my NLSU2 over svn-1523. After restarting firefly my Soundbridge M500 does not see any music library.
    Do I have to do something because of the change of mDns. ?

Thanks. Wouter

Shouldn’t have to. Can you run it with logs and see if it is logging any mdns stuff?

kranw
    Participant

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply. In order to get some logging I installed 1528 again (went back to 1523). Because of a wrong choice while installing I got the default mt-daapd.conf. After making adjustment to the config file I restarted firefly and……yes my M500 is still working !
    The only thing I can think about is the new config file; it is the only difference. I do not have the old one anymore so I can not check for any differences but I must have had a wrong setting of some sort.

Sorry for the trouble but I am happy that the new nighty/version is working on a/my NSLU2 + SB M500.

Thanks Wouter.

rpedde
    Participant

@kranw wrote:

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply. In order to get some logging I installed 1528 again (went back to 1523). Because of a wrong choice while installing I got the default mt-daapd.conf. After making adjustment to the config file I restarted firefly and……yes my M500 is still working !
    The only thing I can think about is the new config file; it is the only difference. I do not have the old one anymore so I can not check for any differences but I must have had a wrong setting of some sort.

Sorry for the trouble but I am happy that the new nighty/version is working on a/my NSLU2 + SB M500.

Thanks Wouter.

Weren’t you also trying to run it on a wl500g? And had some problems with mdns? Because I updated to the newest apple mdns, and have a nightly of it at http://ipkg.fireflymediaserver.org/wl500g, if you want to try that

— Ron

kranw
    Participant

Thanks but no, I am running firefly only on my NLSU2.

Thanks Wouter

mas
    Participant

Manually compiled this version on a debian etch LE. Only avahi,sqlite3,nslu2 as compile options and all codecs of course.

Cannot see any real problems. discovery works but dunno if that means much as I use avahi and not mdns.

It barks about a probably changed config options:
    Apr 13 22:03:05 schnecke mt-daapd[4538]: Config option general/process_m3u has been replaced by scanning/process_playlists

Is there anywhere a doku about the .conf? Or only the sparse comments in the file which aint updated on a manual install of course.

rpedde
    Participant

@mas wrote:

Is there anywhere a doku about the .conf? Or only the sparse comments in the file which aint updated on a manual install of course.

http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/Config_File

Not completely up-to date, but getting there. Feel free to jump in and help. 🙂

— Ron

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.