svn-1441 – compilation grouping

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    indridi
    Participant

Hello everyone

I recently upgraded to the latest nightlies-build, 1441, on a debian sarge (used the package from this site), after running 1376 happily for a while.

The new version runs fine with the exception of the compilation grouping, which used to work fine. I’m basically using the sample config-file, with these two lines added right after scan_type=2:

compdirs = Various/,soundtrack/,jolalog/,samsafn/,OST/,/samsafn/,pottthett/,pottþétt/
    concat_compilations = 1

The exact same lines in the config file for 1376 gave the expected results (files in directories mentioned on the compdirs-line being grouped under the artist “various”), but now it doesn’t work at all.

It might be relevant that I have songs in my music-collection with “Various” and “Various artists” in the artist tag.

Thanks in advance
    Indriði

rpedde
    Participant

@indridi wrote:

Hello everyone

I recently upgraded to the latest nightlies-build, 1441, on a debian sarge (used the package from this site), after running 1376 happily for a while.

The new version runs fine with the exception of the compilation grouping, which used to work fine. I’m basically using the sample config-file, with these two lines added right after scan_type=2:

compdirs = Various/,soundtrack/,jolalog/,samsafn/,OST/,/samsafn/,pottthett/,pottþétt/
    concat_compilations = 1

The exact same lines in the config file for 1376 gave the expected results (files in directories mentioned on the compdirs-line being grouped under the artist “various”), but now it doesn’t work at all.

It might be relevant that I have songs in my music-collection with “Various” and “Various artists” in the artist tag.

Thanks in advance
    Indriði

Are you scanning an iTunes xml file?

indridi
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Are you scanning an iTunes xml file?

No I don’t think so. My collection consists of .ogg .mp3 and .m4a files and there shouldn’t be any itunes files in there.

find . -name "*.xml" -print

in my music directory returns nothing.

indridi
    Participant

well, I updated to 1450 and still had this issue… until I stopped trying to modify the config file by hand and just added the compilation directories in the web interface (duhh). Now it works great.

Anyway, thanks for trying to solve this (none)issue, and thanks once again for this great program, I love it.

Indriði

rpedde
    Participant

@indridi wrote:

well, I updated to 1450 and still had this issue… until I stopped trying to modify the config file by hand and just added the compilation directories in the web interface (duhh). Now it works great.

Anyway, thanks for trying to solve this (none)issue, and thanks once again for this great program, I love it.

Indriði

Hrm… maybe a codepage problem? When going through the web config, it definiately writes as utf-8, so maybe it was not utf-8 when editing the config file directly?

Good to hear, though… I had absolutely no idea what I had done that might have affected that code. 🙂

— Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.