svn-1281 feedback…

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Dave.B
    Participant

Thanks Ron, figured it out for myself in the end though… 1249 was up and running until about 6 this morning, 12 hours, but it died too, maybe for the same reason as 1281.
    Anyway, I’ll run a log this evening and see what happens.

It took over 2 hours to recreate my database (~13K songs on an NSLU2 running uNSLUng 5.5). Is that normal?

rpedde
    Participant

@Dave.B wrote:

It took over 2 hours to recreate my database (~13K songs on an NSLU2 running uNSLUng 5.5). Is that normal?

Not really. I changed some of the indexes to be able to import radio stations, and I noticed that iTunes xml scanning is much slower on incremental updates.

Haven’t really checked it that close, but I noticed it being slow on a real machine, so probably it’s pathological on a slug.

Dave.B
    Participant

No worries – I can live with it if it’s expected behaviour, but after reading on here about other people’s database creation times being waaaayyyyy less than two hours, I came close to stopping it several times.

Have you had chance to look at the two logs I sent you?

rpedde
    Participant

@Dave.B wrote:

No worries – I can live with it if it’s expected behaviour, but after reading on here about other people’s database creation times being waaaayyyyy less than two hours, I came close to stopping it several times.

Have you had chance to look at the two logs I sent you?

Sorry, I’ve been away from email for a while. I’ll get it tonight.

— Ron

grommet
    Participant

I’ve been unlucky with the last couple of builds. svn-1281 Win32. Another Firefly shutdown, with an error in the log (the “blank line” is really in the log – not sure why):

2006-07-06 : cannot unlock sqlite2 lock: Incorrect function.

2006-07-06 : Aborting

fizze
    Participant

@Dave.B wrote:

Thanks Ron, figured it out for myself in the end though… 1249 was up and running until about 6 this morning, 12 hours, but it died too, maybe for the same reason as 1281.
    Anyway, I’ll run a log this evening and see what happens.

whats your scantype in the .conf file ? 0 ?

And what fs are the mp3’s on ?

Dave.B
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

whats your scantype in the .conf file ? 0 ?

Good question, it has a “#” at the start of the line in the .conf file, but it says “0”. Whenever I’ve looked at the web config page though, it ALWAYS says “2 – Painfully aggressive”

@fizze wrote:

And what fs are the mp3’s on ?

File system? NSLU formatted, so ext3 I assume.

hpsenicka
    Participant

I just noticed what might be a small bug in the Windows version of Firefly…

The web interface only shos 2 songs served, despite the fact that Firefly has been playing songs off and on for the last several hours this evening.

fizze
    Participant

@ Dave.B

well, try to un-comment that line in the config file by removing the #.
    It should default to 0 though, afaik.

If its set to 2 that would explain the long time. The last time I had mine set to 2 it never came back from scanning. So Im fine with 0 and some weird tagged files 😉

NSLU2 formatted is ext3, yes. So thats not an issue. ext3 is blazing fast on the slug.
    Some NTFS implementations f.i. arent.

rpedde
    Participant

@grommet wrote:

I’ve been unlucky with the last couple of builds. svn-1281 Win32. Another Firefly shutdown, with an error in the log (the “blank line” is really in the log – not sure why):

2006-07-06 : cannot unlock sqlite2 lock: Incorrect function.

2006-07-06 : Aborting

Strange… I can’t get the phandles thing to appear, and I can’t get this to appear either. I’ve cranked up the logging, and I’m going to see if I can’t get someone to crash it with an “out of pseudo handles” with -d9. That might help some.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.