svn-1274 feedback

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DylanMuir
    Participant

Running on Suse 10.0 linux:

Linux guest107 2.6.13-15.10-default #1 Fri May 12 16:27:12 UTC 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

sqlite3 DB

9228 tracks

Seems to be running fine. Imported old database (from svn-1206) fine. Good stuff!

I have a request, though — Any way of load-balancing transcoding threads? When several people are listening to transcoded tracks, especially if some are using a non-iTunes client to actually download the tracks, sometimes one transcoding thread can hog the CPU. Would it be possible to set a ‘nice’ value to run the transcoding scripts at?

DRM

grommet
    Participant

1) iTunes XML is no longer parsed for me. (No iTunes playlists, etc.) I don’t think it finds the file at all (in the default “Windows” iTunes location.) Bug in your new “only read files called iTunes Music Library.xml” code?

2) Some quirks with config.html & IE 6.0: the “Remove” link next to various fields appear/disappear as you add/remove items. Firefox is fine.

3) I think you might have (at least partially) fixed the SMP related total hang. I’ll beat on it more. I did have one SoundBridge start erroring… but I was able to disconnect and reconnect to Firefly, while a 2nd client continued to work without interruption. So, no “total Firefly hang” yet…!

4) Confirmed the dynamic MP3 Album Art works in Win32. But it does supercede or “replace” any embeded picture if it already exists in a MP3, which is a little odd.

5) Multiple composers are still not parsed into a single Composer entry for WMA (and FLAC, OGG)

So far… the rest is carry-over stuff that hasn’t been addressed yet. Yay!

svn-1274 (Win32)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@grommet wrote:

2) Some quirks with config.html & IE 6.0: the “Remove” link next to various fields appear/disappear as you add/remove items. Firefly is fine.

IE is not so hot on floated divs, but this is fixed in r1276.

Note to DylanMuir
    r1276 Also tries to fix Ticket #181 where the config moves below the side bar. Would be nice if you could check it out and report back if it works.

I think Ron will throw a new nightly tomorrow, but if you’re brave and can’t wait grab the five files with version 1276 and 1275 from the svn repository and drop them in your admin-root directory.

mbaker
    Participant

Hiya. I’m having the same problem with this releases. I’ve upgraded in the same way but the iTunes XML file doesn’t seem to be getting processed. A level 9 looks like this:

2006-06-29 : Found D:My DocumentsMy MusiciTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml
    2006-06-29 : Adding d:my documentsmy musicitunesitunes music library.xml for deferred processing.
    2006-06-29 : Ending song scan
    2006-06-29 : Processing playlists
    2006-06-29 : Starting playlist loop
    2006-06-29 : About to scan d:my documentsmy musicitunesitunes music library.xml
    2006-06-29 : Finished playlist loop
    2006-06-29 : Executing: delete from songs where id not in (select id from updated)
    2006-06-29 : Rows: 0
    2006-06-29 : Executing: update songs set force_update=0
    2006-06-29 : Executing: drop table updated
    2006-06-29 : Executing: delete from playlists where ((type=2) OR (type=3)) and id not in (select id from plupdated)
    2006-06-29 : Executing: delete from playlistitems where playlistid not in (select distinct id from playlists)
    2006-06-29 : Executing: drop table plupdated
    2006-06-29 : Executing: select count(*) from playlists
    2006-06-29 : Executing: select * from playlists
    2006-06-29 : Executing: update playlists set items=(select count(*) from playlistitems where playlistid=1) where id=1
    2006-06-29 : Rows: 1
    2006-06-29 : Executing: select count(*) FROM songs
    2006-06-29 : Scanned 0 songs (was 0) in 0 seconds

Thoughts?

Cheers,
    Mark

rpedde
    Participant

@mbaker wrote:

Thoughts?

brain damage on my part is what I’m thinking.

Should be fixed in latest *latest* nightly.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

@DylanMuir wrote:

I have a request, though — Any way of load-balancing transcoding threads? When several people are listening to transcoded tracks, especially if some are using a non-iTunes client to actually download the tracks, sometimes one transcoding thread can hog the CPU. Would it be possible to set a ‘nice’ value to run the transcoding scripts at?

If you are transcoding via script, you can do that in the transcode script. Just do a “nice 20 $FLAC “$FILENAME …” rather than “$FLAC $FILENAME”, etc.

rpedde
    Participant

@grommet wrote:

1) iTunes XML is no longer parsed for me. (No iTunes playlists, etc.) I don’t think it finds the file at all (in the default “Windows” iTunes location.) Bug in your new “only read files called iTunes Music Library.xml” code?

Indeed it was. 🙂 I think other people were reporting stuff that came from loading old copies of the itunes xml file, or temp files generated by iTunes. So I verified it did indeed stop loading those temp files… just forgot to check that it loaded the REAL file. If I could get off this feature treadmill, I’d be doing myself a favor to build a regression suite.

3) I think you might have (at least partially) fixed the SMP related total hang. I’ll beat on it more. I did have one SoundBridge start erroring… but I was able to disconnect and reconnect to Firefly, while a 2nd client continued to work without interruption. So, no “total Firefly hang” yet…!

I think it’s nailed down. (/me knocks on wood) I do think there is something strange with sb on connects though, I’ve had it lock solid trying to connect before.

4) Confirmed the dynamic MP3 Album Art works in Win32. But it does supercede or “replace” any embeded picture if it already exists in a MP3, which is a little odd.

Its *way* too hard to make it work right — would really require adding way more tag parsing stuff than I’m willing to add.

I’m seriously of the opinion that if people want art in their files, they should put it in their files anyway. It’s a complex ugly code path, and I hate it. 🙁

5) Multiple composers are still not parsed into a single Composer entry for WMA (and FLAC, OGG)

Yeah, I’m accumulating a pile of metadata example files that I have to work through. Wanna get the high-dollar stuff retired first, though. Getting there.

— Ron

grommet
    Participant

So, sometime last night as I left svn-1281 running/streaming…

2006-06-30 : Finished streaming file to remote: 1559911 bytes
    2006-06-30 : Out of pseudo file handles. See ya
    2006-06-30 : Aborting

D’oh!

grommet
    Participant

Bad news regarding “the hang”… It did it again with svn-1281. 😥 I have not confirmed it’s SMP (since I haven’t run uniprocessor yet), but it’s the same symtom.

It happened tonight while 3 clients were using it… two SoundBridges and one iTunes. Right now it’s “dead”… trying to re-connect from iTunes says “Loading” forever… and SoundBridge says “Connection to server failed.”

I did get a new error, but I doubt it’s useful.

2006-06-30 : Finished streaming file to remote: 552704 bytes
    2006-06-30 : Finished streaming file to remote: 3460126 bytes
    2006-06-30 : Finished streaming file to remote: 598784 bytes
    2006-06-30 : Thread 164: could not read: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

(This is the last entry in the log… nothing added for the last hour, while it’s hanging.)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.