Success…….!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    davesanti
    Participant

Wow, talk about excitement…. πŸ˜€

I finally have FF running again.. thanks to all who offered up suggestions and in particular to Ron and Fizze

Bottom line is that it some vi editing (gee I learned something new) of the config file.. I changed the db location and some other locations in the config file through the telnet access..

Ran the startup script an lo and behold there were the 4 processes I have been waiting to see… πŸ˜€

I pushed debug up to 9 and I am going to start a new scan..

I created a folder and put one album for scan test and it went fine..

Time to do the whole library..

Dave

rpedde
    Participant

@davesanti wrote:

Wow, talk about excitement…. πŸ˜€

I finally have FF running again.. thanks to all who offered up suggestions and in particular to Ron and Fizze

Bottom line is that it some vi editing (gee I learned something new) of the config file.. I changed the db location and some other locations in the config file through the telnet access..

Ran the startup script an lo and behold there were the 4 processes I have been waiting to see… πŸ˜€

I pushed debug up to 9 and I am going to start a new scan..

I created a folder and put one album for scan test and it went fine..

Time to do the whole library..

Dave

Woohoo! Three weeks and two slugs later. πŸ™‚

I still think there was something not right with the flash drive. Maybe that was the issue on the first one, too?

davesanti
    Participant

Ron, I think you are 100% correct on the flash drive.. nothing worked until I bypassed FF’s need to deal with the files and the location of the drive..

The first slug was most likely my fault for flying blind and poking it at a little too much.

What I have learned is that if you want to re-sling a Slug you need to re flash and start from scratch..

Dave

rpedde
    Participant

@davesanti wrote:

Ron, I think you are 100% correct on the flash drive.. nothing worked until I bypassed FF’s need to deal with the files and the location of the drive..

The first slug was most likely my fault for flying blind and poking it at a little too much.

What I have learned is that if you want to re-sling a Slug you need to re flash and start from scratch..

Dave

I still think you can resurrect that one with upslug.

– Ron

davesanti
    Participant

I will certainly give it a try, Ron. It is just a paperweight now anyway.

Dave

rpedde
    Participant

@davesanti wrote:

I will certainly give it a try, Ron. It is just a paperweight now anyway.

Dave

If you need a hand or get stuck (and assuming I’m sitting at my computer) you can find me in #mt-daapd on freenode.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.