Streaming TO the iPhone

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

!!!!!! I’VE GOT IT WORKING !!!!!!

Sorry, for the all happiness guys πŸ™„ … but after two non-stop coding and debugging nights I finally got an working streaming iPhone application which integrates with FireFly.

I found out there is no simple way to stream directly using Firefly and I have no idea if this is an issue with the nightly build or with the iPhone itself. I tried various ways of embedding the music and they all result into a ‘Broken pipe’ , whereas it worked fine on the DeskTop. I cooked a temporary workaround in PHP and things are working now :P.

This week I will be pretty busy cleaning-up code, adding new features and finally create some nice AJAX enabled GUI skins.

oOo Will keep you updated on the progress oOo

fizze
    Participant

Nice. Am I correct in the assumption that this will also work on an iPod touch? 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive

It should also work perfectly for the iPod touch. πŸ˜€
    NSLU/iPod touch testers are ofcourse more than welcome !!!

Talon

I will test this out. I have an 8 GB Ipod Touch. Jailbroken on 1.1.3

let me know when you have code.

thx. πŸ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

things are shaping up!
    I’ve implemented almost all the browsing features, but am quiete disapointed with the iPhone’s AJAX parsing capabilities.. This device currently doesnt support XPATH nor XSLT and it seems that parsing the XML content takes ages. This doesnt matter for the first release though (I will plan moving the transformations server-side in later releases.). So far I’ve been testing and developing on Firefox and Safari.

anyway… still hoping to have a very alpha release soon.

Also a quiete cool feature I am implementing, is the ability to skin the GUI. So hope to see some contribs in the future. πŸ˜‰

PS: I created a SourceForge project on http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmcrossfire/, so anyone who is willing to help me in this project is free to do so πŸ˜‰

Cheers,
    Tony

EVILRipper
    Participant

Sounds to me you have to open a new topic in the Add-On Software forum.

eschoeller
    Participant

Well, it’s been almost a year since the last post on this thread. A lot has happened to the iPhone since then! I did a search in the AppStore for “crossfire” … nothing came up ;( It also looks like the project page is somewhat old.

Has anyone found an application that can stream from firefly/itunes to the iphone natively … without using safari, some remote service, or a separate server?

Thanks …!

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.