Streaming question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    POI

I finally got mt-daapd working after pulling my hair out a while back. I love it, the install worked flawlessly this time. Thanks Ron!

I do have a question (well, actually 23 or so). Does mt-daapd only work on the local subnet the way iTunes does or can it steam to remote clients across the ‘net? One of the reasons I started using this was to listen to my music at work without duplicating libraries. So far, I have not been able to do it. I know I can stream MP3 to work since I listen to several different stations outside of our firewall. I do have a fairly tight firewall here at home though. I found a blurb about iTunes becoming a “server” at a certain point with DAAP at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/Mt-daapd but I’m not sure why it would need to do that. I tried pointing iTunes towards port 3689 on my NSLU but that doesn’t work. Any ideas? I really have searched quite a bit on the topic.

rpedde
    Participant

Start on the “documentation” link under “How to access a remote daap share by tunneling”. There might be slightly different ways to do what you are looking to do, but start with that page for a reference of generally what has to happen.

Once you’ve read that, give us a basic description of your setup, and we can probably get you going.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.