Stream to a remote iTunes

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Iris
    Participant

Hi Ron,

I basically got the same result except now an ipkg update as well as some others generates this:

# ipkg update
    Downloading http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feeds/optware/mss/cross/unstable/Packages
    SIGSEGV
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 255: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-GdDcB0 http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feeds/optware/mss/cross/unstable/Packages'

I’m worried now that if I try to update FF that it’ll fail. What do I have to enter to undo the commands I entered from your post?

Yes, I do think that the MSS does not implement a complete version of BusyBox and whatever else as with the exception of FF I’ve been unable to install OpenSSH, DropBear or FTP. Somethings different – maybe I’ll be looking at alternatives too.

Iris

P.S. Thanks very much though for trying to help. My next project is an Xbox Media Centre – maybe I’ll get better results there for gaining access for my son.

rpedde
    Participant

@Iris wrote:

I’m worried now that if I try to update FF that it’ll fail. What do I have to enter to undo the commands I entered from your post?

Those are all temporary commands that go away next time you log on.

Yes, I do think that the MSS does not implement a complete version of BusyBox and whatever else as with the exception of FF I’ve been unable to install OpenSSH, DropBear or FTP. Somethings different – maybe I’ll be looking at alternatives too.

I might look at this myself too… I have a mss as well running same firmware, and got dropbear installed, but it didn’t configure right. So maybe I can walk through an openssh install and document it and see if it works for anyone else.

– Ron

Iris
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@Iris wrote:

Those are all temporary commands that go away next time you log on.

I might look at this myself too… I have a mss as well running same firmware, and got dropbear installed, but it didn’t configure right. So maybe I can walk through an openssh install and document it and see if it works for anyone else.

– Ron

I’ll reboot my MSS and check.

As far as you checking if openssh install and configures I’d sure appreciate it for one. I’ll be the first one to try any ideas you have – if you want me to try anything just let me know.

Iris

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.