Static Playlists from iTune Music Library XML File – How?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Static Playlists from iTune Music Library XML File – How?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    artagesw

I’m having difficulty getting Firefly to serve iTunes static playlists.

I’m running 0.2.4 on a Linux box.

I have a synlink to the iTunes Music Library.xml file sitting in the mp3 root directory (i.e. mp3_dir).

I have process_m3u = 1.

Firefly is not printing any error messages to the log file.

Static playlists are not displayed in iTunes when I click on the Firefly music server.

FWIW, I also run SlimServer on the same box side-by-side with Firefly. SlimServer is picking up the playlists out of the iTunes Music Library.xml just fine.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

rpedde
    Participant

@artagesw wrote:

0.2.4 doesn’t read the iTunes xml file. You have to use nightlies for that. See http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org. You’ll need libsqlite and libid3tag, and configure with –enable-sqlite.

— Ron

artagesw

@rpedde wrote:

@artagesw wrote:

0.2.4 doesn’t read the iTunes xml file. You have to use nightlies for that. See http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org. You’ll need libsqlite and libid3tag, and configure with –enable-sqlite.

— Ron

Ahh, Ok. Thanks for the reply. So, I guess my next question would be… how stable is the nightly? Is it fairly bug-free? Is a stable release with this feature coming along in fairly short order?

Oh…and is it a difficult upgrade process going from 0.2.4 to the nightlies?

Thanks!

rpedde
    Participant

@artagesw wrote:

Ahh, Ok. Thanks for the reply. So, I guess my next question would be… how stable is the nightly? Is it fairly bug-free? Is a stable release with this feature coming along in fairly short order?

right now nightlies are pretty stable, and 1359 represents the root of a branch that will shortly become osx and windows stable releases. I’m going to hold off on a unix stable until I get the database stuff refactored and working quickly on embedded systems like the nslu2.

I don’t expect that will take too long, but as soon as I start that, which will be in the next week or so, nightlies will probably destabilize somewhat.

1359 is good and stable though.

Oh…and is it a difficult upgrade process going from 0.2.4 to the nightlies?

Not really… you’ll want to delete your old config and use a new config from /contrib, as there are new features. Then you probably want to go into the web configuration and finish up configuring… there is more stuff exposed in the web config that is mentioned in the contrib config file.

— Ron

artagesw

Installed 1359 and its working nicely. Picked up my playlists from the iTunes library file. I didn’t even need to recreate the actual absolute paths to the songs on the server. I guess Firefly is deducing paths based on the location of the root music dir? Pretty slick!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.