Soundbridge STILL can’t read Firefly

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Soundbridge STILL can’t read Firefly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    cfensch

Okay, I’ve done both issues. My Soundbridge is not reading anything from my Mac. I installed the 1376 version. Set it up exactly as said in the thread. First with no firewall setup, then with. The 1376 software reads all my library (as per the log), but after that, under “general,” it continues to either “start” or “restart.” I’m obviously having some kind of communication issue from my router to my Soundbridge, but cannot for the life of me figure out what’s up. I’ve searched the forums, but can’t seem to find a definitive way of solving this problem. I miss my tunes! Help!

rpedde
    Participant

@cfensch wrote:

Okay, I’ve done both issues. My Soundbridge is not reading anything from my Mac. I installed the 1376 version. Set it up exactly as said in the thread. First with no firewall setup, then with. The 1376 software reads all my library (as per the log), but after that, under “general,” it continues to either “start” or “restart.” I’m obviously having some kind of communication issue from my router to my Soundbridge, but cannot for the life of me figure out what’s up. I’ve searched the forums, but can’t seem to find a definitive way of solving this problem. I miss my tunes! Help!

Turn off your firewall before you start the server.

If the log says it’s done scanning, then it’s done scanning. I don’t know what the panel says, but the log doesn’t lie. If it says it’s done scanning, it’s done.

Once the log says it’s done scanning, then check the soundbridge. You can turn on your bonjour bookmarks in safari, too, and see if it shows up there. It should.

If it shows up on your bonjour bookmarks on safari but not on your soundbridge, then it’s something else — maybe your router or switch isn’t set up to pass multicast. If you have a configuration interface for your router or switch, it might be worth seeing if there is an option to enable multicast.

Also, you might try running both the sb and the workstation on the same side of the router — both wired or both both wireless and see if that does anything. If it doesn, then that is also indicative of a router/switch problem.

cfensch

Thanks for the info. I’ll give it a shot. I don’t have my firewall turned on, but it still wouldn’t work for me. Will let you know what happens! Thanks!

cfensch

I’ve tried all of rpedde suggestions. Still no go. Guess I’ll have to wait for an iTunes update.

rpedde
    Participant

@cfensch wrote:

I’ve tried all of rpedde suggestions. Still no go. Guess I’ll have to wait for an iTunes update.

Even though it shows as “starting”, does it still *work*?

I mean, can you see it from the soundbridge?

cfensch

No, it doesn’t. It constantly says “Starting” on the Firefly software. However, the Soundbridge recognizes my network. Am I supposed to see anything besides the Firefly preference panel?

cfensch

Here are two screen captures of what I get in Firefly…

cfensch

And a third of the advanced settings…

rpedde
    Participant

@cfensch wrote:

And a third of the advanced settings…

Change the rendezvous name to something like “firefly” and see if that works.

– Ron

cfensch

But it says it is not connected to a library. Does Firefly create its own library? I can’t seem to find one to connect to, and it will not connect to my iTunes library. Suggestions?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.