Soundbridge can’t connect to mt-daapd but iTunes can

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Soundbridge can’t connect to mt-daapd but iTunes can

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    temp
    Participant

mt-daapd/Firefly 0.2.4,
    Server Operating System: unknown ppc linux
    Server Hardware: TeraStation Home Server HS-D1.0TGL/R5
    Client Device: Roku Soundbridge M1001 Pinnacle branded for UK

I’ve got mt-daapd running on the Terastation and can see it as a share in iTunes but the Soundbridge complains “Incompatible server found”

I don’t know where to start looking for a solution.

Thanks

temp
    Participant

Bad form, but further investigation reveals that I may need rsp.so. Wher can I find such a thing?

rpedde
    Participant

@temp wrote:

Bad form, but further investigation reveals that I may need rsp.so. Wher can I find such a thing?

Ahh… that you’ll need to move to a nightly for. Where did you get the 0.2.4 version from? Do they have a nightlies version?

Seems like someone had a pointer to nightlies on the terrastation. Anyone?

CCRDude
    Participant

TeraStation? Debian or Montavista Linux (the original Linux)?

Debian is simple, take the sarge PowerPC version. The hacked original is way more complicated thanks to all the dependencies (though if 0.2.4 runs, it already has a lot of them). I don’t have my TeraStation hacked currently since it was unstable back then and I need it for daily work, so I haven’t really tried nightlies on it for a long time.

temp
    Participant

Don’t wish to appear too stupid, but how do you unpack a .deb file? All my previous experience with Unix has been Fedora or Irix

Thanks

rpedde
    Participant

@temp wrote:

Don’t wish to appear too stupid, but how do you unpack a .deb file? All my previous experience with Unix has been Fedora or Irix

Thanks

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcl/cvs/HOWTO-UNPACK-DEBS. They are really just “ar” archives, with some control files (pre-install scripts, post-install scripts, etc).

Should be able to just extract them with ar and pull the binaries out.

— Ron

temp
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

They are really just “ar” archives, with some control files (pre-install scripts, post-install scripts, etc).

Should be able to just extract them with ar and pull the binaries out.

— Ron

Ah (no pun intended) so now I need to find a copy of ‘ar’

Ps posting as ‘temp’ because I have a problem with my usual nickname of Nicknoxx

temp
    Participant

Actually I’d be really gratefull if somebody could help me out. I’ve ordered a CD of Debian and will install it on my PC but in the meantime can anyone supply me with an ‘un-ar-ed’ version of the nightlies. pretty please

rpedde
    Participant

@temp wrote:

Actually I’d be really gratefull if somebody could help me out. I’ve ordered a CD of Debian and will install it on my PC but in the meantime can anyone supply me with an ‘un-ar-ed’ version of the nightlies. pretty please

Of the powerpc deb?

temp
    Participant

Yes please:-

mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1528_sarge_powerpc.deb

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.