Sorting wav files by directory

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dnahman

Hi there,

I’m attempting to use mt-daapd to serve uncompressed wav files that I have ripped into a hierarchical directory structure:
    /artist_name/cd_title/01-song-title.wav …

Is there any way to get mt-daapd to present this library sorted by artist and CD title like it does when you use mp3s with ID3 tags? Or am I looking at a code modification to make this work?

Any hints or pointers would be much appreciated
    –David

rpedde
    Participant

@dnahman wrote:

Hi there,

I’m attempting to use mt-daapd to serve uncompressed wav files that I have ripped into a hierarchical directory structure:
    /artist_name/cd_title/01-song-title.wav …

Is there any way to get mt-daapd to present this library sorted by artist and CD title like it does when you use mp3s with ID3 tags? Or am I looking at a code modification to make this work?

Any hints or pointers would be much appreciated
    –David

That’s not something that can be done right now without a code change.

Hopefully, though, it will be possible in the future once there is a userspace plugin for custom tagging. Then you’ll be able to write a script to synthesize tag information based on path.

That’s post-1.0, though.

— Ron

dnahman

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the quick reply.

It sounds like this script interface that you are talking about is something different than the metadata scanner interface mentioned in the wiki. Is that correct?

Presumably I could write my own directory based version of scan_get_xxxinfo() for *.wav files as well? I’ll take a look at the code and see how involved that would be.

Thanks again,
    David

rpedde
    Participant

@dnahman wrote:

It sounds like this script interface that you are talking about is something different than the metadata scanner interface mentioned in the wiki. Is that correct?

Correct. At some point, I want to have a plugin that will hand off tags to a user-written script (s-lang, probably) so the user can “fixup” tags before they get written to the db.

Presumably I could write my own directory based version of scan_get_xxxinfo() for *.wav files as well? I’ll take a look at the code and see how involved that would be.

Yup, that would do it. See scan-wav.c. You’ll need to dummy up the MP3FILE entries you want (artist, album, etc). Make sure strings are strduped, as they get freed later.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.