Song count on web config different than Roku SB

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Song count on web config different than Roku SB

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    staging2000
    Participant

Hello all.

Finally tried FF (svn-1359). What took me so long!!

The song count shown on the web config page shows 12,739. That is exactly how may files I have. All mp3’s at 160k or 192k. All tagged with love and care.

When I do a browse all songs on my SB it shows 12,730 (very quickly I might add). Where are the other 9 files? I haven’t had the time (or enthusiasm) to try to find the rogue files and am hoping that someone can shed some light. I’m posting on Roku forum as well.

Ron, this is a great program. Thank you for all your efforts.

rpedde
    Participant

@staging2000 wrote:

Hello all.

Finally tried FF (svn-1359). What took me so long!!

The song count shown on the web config page shows 12,739. That is exactly how may files I have. All mp3’s at 160k or 192k. All tagged with love and care.

When I do a browse all songs on my SB it shows 12,730 (very quickly I might add). Where are the other 9 files? I haven’t had the time (or enthusiasm) to try to find the rogue files and am hoping that someone can shed some light. I’m posting on Roku forum as well.

Ron, this is a great program. Thank you for all your efforts.

Is it possible that you have some protected aac or wma files? It might be that the soundbridge filters those out as unplayable.

You can see what firefly is reporting to the sb, by browsing with firefox to

http://ip.of.server:port/rsp/info

I get this:

http://linksys-server:3689/rsp/info

?

?

svn-1393
    linksys-server Firefly Server

6809 songs, in my case. At least then you could tell if it’s the SB lying to you, or the web interface. 🙂

— Ron

staging2000
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Ron.

I do know I have 12,739 files and all are mp3 (for certain). So I know your web interface is correct 😀 . I guess I should look at the log file as well but I suspect it will correctly reflect the status page on the web interface.

Some of them are small (under 100K, sound effects).

I don’t have firefox here. I’ll try your suggestion when I have a chance to bring one of my laptops home from the office.

Maybe the SB is filtering some files with unusual characters in the tags. I’ll post on Roku forum as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.