SMart Playlist by Location

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DeadPoet
    Participant

Hi There!

I am sorting my music in different folders – one for heard, one for unheared. So I can, even when I need to reinstall my operating system, tell wether I have already checked the quality of songs or not.

Now, would it be possible, to create a Smart Playlist based on the location of the file?

rpedde
    Participant

@DeadPoet wrote:

Hi There!

I am sorting my music in different folders – one for heard, one for unheared. So I can, even when I need to reinstall my operating system, tell wether I have already checked the quality of songs or not.

Now, would it be possible, to create a Smart Playlist based on the location of the file?

Yes. I’m assuming you are using nightlies. If so, the details on the playlists are on the developer wiki, but the short answer is a playlist like this might work:

path includes "/incoming/"

and you can use any path fragment to split up physical locations however you want.

— Ron

DeadPoet
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response!
    Yes, I am using dailies, and am eagerly waiting for the next stable windows release πŸ˜‰

Could you detail the attribute (path) a little bit more for me? Does it only save the subfolders, or the complete path? So, could I wirte e.g. startswith “S:MusicOST” ? And: Do I have to use unix-path-delimiters on my windows machine? So far, it seems to ignore the delimeters (windows or unix style) – so when I type path includes “OST” it would also give me a title named gurkenrost.

Thnx a lot for your help πŸ™‚

– Sven

rpedde
    Participant

@DeadPoet wrote:

Thanks for your quick response!
    Yes, I am using dailies, and am eagerly waiting for the next stable windows release πŸ˜‰

Could you detail the attribute (path) a little bit more for me? Does it only save the subfolders, or the complete path? So, could I wirte e.g. startswith “S:MusicOST” ? And: Do I have to use unix-path-delimiters on my windows machine? So far, it seems to ignore the delimeters (windows or unix style) – so when I type path includes “OST” it would also give me a title named gurkenrost.

Thnx a lot for your help πŸ™‚

– Sven

It *should* be windows slashes, and case insensitive. So “ost” or “OST” should both work, and shouldn’t pick up that title.

Let me play with that query for a while, though, and see what I find.

DeadPoet
    Participant

I just played a little bit with the smart playlists again. Apparently there seems to be a little problem with the backslahes. When I use “OST” I get an error: Error 500: Parse error: Offset 23: Expecting end of statement. So it seems the verifier is seeing them as escape-characters – at least I think so πŸ˜‰ Perhaps this is why I also have the title gurkenrost (which by the way means something like rust on your thingie) in it.

rpedde
    Participant

@DeadPoet wrote:

I just played a little bit with the smart playlists again. Apparently there seems to be a little problem with the backslahes. When I use “OST” I get an error: Error 500: Parse error: Offset 23: Expecting end of statement. So it seems the verifier is seeing them as escape-characters – at least I think so πŸ˜‰ Perhaps this is why I also have the title gurkenrost (which by the way means something like rust on your thingie) in it.

try “\OST”

— Ron

DeadPoet
    Participant

Hey Ron,

sure, tried this the first time πŸ™‚ But this does not work either – I still get thing slike gurkenrost or lost dogs or such things. So, it completely ignores the :/

DeadPoet
    Participant

Have you had time to look into this, Ron? Even with the newest Snapshot “\OST\” does not work (ignores the slashes :/ ).

rpedde
    Participant

@DeadPoet wrote:

Have you had time to look into this, Ron? Even with the newest Snapshot “\OST” does not work (ignores the slashes :/ ).

Forgot. Doh.

But it’s fixed in 1353. You’ll see it next nightly. (and yeah, it’s \OST\ now).

— ron

DeadPoet
    Participant

It works now – thanks a lot for your efforts πŸ™‚
    Hadn’t had time to test it yet… the holiday-season πŸ˜‰

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.