Smart Playlist

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

Most dynamic lists related to this same topic:
    Songs from the past 5 years, past 20 years, etc.

I don’t want to spend a lot of time implementing math functions and stuff, but maybe I can add some simple variables to implement that sort of thing without getting too crazy.

Along with what you mentioned, some sort of random feature I think would be cool.

Ah, yeah, that would be part of the ordering, so :

top 5 order by random where rating > 80

for 5 random 5-star items.

Yeah, I want that too. 🙂

— Ron

fizze
    Participant

Playlist by filesystem directory name:
    path includes “*directory*”

I also tried
    path includes “directory”

Now, in most DBs a wildcard doesnt work like it does in a “normal” regexp.

SQL handles searches or comparisions differently, so an exact match has to be searched with the equals operator = while a “unsharp” search has to be done with the “like” operator.

select id from songs where fpath = 'directory';

vs.

select id from songs where fpath like '%directory%';

The % signs are a wildcard with respect to the “like” operator. They are prepended and appended to the search from the smart playlist when you specify “includes” automatically. 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

You might be interested to know that I’ve developed a technique that can be used to work round some of the limitations discussed in this thread – top 10 lists, etc. It involves creating a static playlist instead, via an automated process.

See here for more details: http://www.andrewferrier.com/blog/2008/01/05/more-flexible-firefly-smart-playlists-with-perl-sqlite3-and-m3u/

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.