slug: mt-daapd vs. enhanced-ctorrent

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fizze
    Participant

Im running Unslung 6.8, and I tried some more packages on the slug, since it seems fairly stalbe with mt-daapd.

I realized, however, when I tried to run a torrent with enhanced-ctorrent, that after few minutes the slug became unstable and locked up.

I tried with the same ocnfig, but without mt-daapd running, and it didnt lock-up.
    As the torrent client is very resource-aware, i dont think its a memory issue.
    Does mt-daapd constitute any weird locks, or critical sections, even when its not used?
    I havent been streaming anything, maybe the file scanner was running while the torrent crashed, but that must’ve been it.

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Does mt-daapd constitute any weird locks, or critical sections, even when its not used?

Yeah, when scanning, but they are pthreads mutexes, not anything global. Can’t imagine it’s anything like that.

Does dmesg say it fired off the oom killer? That would be your indication that it’s a memory problem.

I havent been streaming anything, maybe the file scanner was running while the torrent crashed, but that must’ve been it.

Can’t speak specifically to that… I don’t run much else on my slug…

fizze
    Participant

no, dmesg didn say anything particuliar.
    well It run fine yesterday for a couple of hours, but eventually froze later on.

Maybe the additional disk activity mt-daapd caused did anything….

thanks anyway.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.