Slight problems with Version svn-1677 on NSLU2 & Video

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Slight problems with Version svn-1677 on NSLU2 & Video

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gday21
    Participant

Hi,

have been running 1677 on my NSLU2, 6.8 Unslung, & Maxtor III, access via iTunes from my Mac for a couple of weeks.
    Occasionally I get the odd crash, but just restart the NSLU2. As I am a newbie and think it’s probably something I am doing.
    Tried to implement the .m4v play back functionality and had the problem that it would play fine first time, but pausing or switching to another video clip caused Firefly to freeze/crash.
    So my question is should I upgrade to a newer version of Firefly? If so what version and can someone point me to a Wiki where I can read up on how to do it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds

Very newbie Gday

rpedde
    Participant

@Gday21 wrote:

Hi,

have been running 1677 on my NSLU2, 6.8 Unslung, & Maxtor III, access via iTunes from my Mac for a couple of weeks.
    Occasionally I get the odd crash, but just restart the NSLU2. As I am a newbie and think it’s probably something I am doing.
    Tried to implement the .m4v play back functionality and had the problem that it would play fine first time, but pausing or switching to another video clip caused Firefly to freeze/crash.
    So my question is should I upgrade to a newer version of Firefly? If so what version and can someone point me to a Wiki where I can read up on how to do it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds

Very newbie Gday

1677 isn’t necessarily the most stable version. It’s the most recent, but not the most stable. As far as hanging when switching video, I think that’s an issue on my end — a known problem that’s plaguing windows at least.

Working on it. Best options are to back down to 1586, or wait for an updated nightly.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.