sharing photos with mt-daapd

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wanderingboy

Hi – I’d like to be able to configure mt-daapd to server up shared photos to Front Row or iPhoto. What do I need to do in order to do this?

Sorry if this belongs in the setup section.

rpedde
    Participant

@wanderingboy wrote:

Hi – I’d like to be able to configure mt-daapd to server up shared photos to Front Row or iPhoto. What do I need to do in order to do this?

Sorry if this belongs in the setup section.

Actually this doesn’t do picture sharing. That’s dpap, not daap. I don’t know if there is an open-source project to do that.

— Ron

wanderingboy

How much work would be involved with adapting mt-daapd to work with dpap? Are the protocols drastically different? Let me know – I might be interested in lending a hand.

rpedde
    Participant

@wanderingboy wrote:

How much work would be involved with adapting mt-daapd to work with dpap? Are the protocols drastically different? Let me know – I might be interested in lending a hand.

Would need a separate database and listen on a new port. The dmap stuff is the same (simpler than daap, actually), and the only hard part would be that you would have to automatically scale all the pictures so you could send thumbnails.

One of the things I’m tackling post-1.0 (next week, maybe?!?!?!) is the Greate Database Refactoring (Take 3), and one of the things I want to do is make sure I can use the same db layer for dpap as well as daap. I need to spend some time and fix the broken front row also.

If you were to build a separate project, I think you could start with 0.2.4 and have a working implementation of dpap in a weekend, though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.