Server Stops on its own while scaning files

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Server Stops on its own while scaning files

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    blaket
    Participant

I have a media server with about 15,000 cds and while scanning the whole data base the firefly server will stop as if i went in and hit the stop server button

I am running this on w2003 server could that be the problem the os ??

1 gig amd processer
    1.5 gig ram
    80 gig sys
    650 gig vol1
    w2003 server
    ff ver. 1281

Thanks for your time guys

grommet
    Participant

1) Anything in the log? 2) Try a newer nightly (svn-1301, for example)

blaket
    Participant

I will have to try 1301 i have been trying every one that comes out so far, thank u for the fast respose. I will see if i can post my logs when i get home tonight and i will also run the new 1301.

Thanks

rpedde
    Participant

@blaket wrote:

I will have to try 1301 i have been trying every one that comes out so far, thank u for the fast respose. I will see if i can post my logs when i get home tonight and i will also run the new 1301.

Thanks

There was a specific deadlock that was fixed in 1301, so my guess is that 1301 will fix it for you.

— Ron

blaket
    Participant

Same thing thought that it worked ran for a while and then died again going to try latest one now and see if that works

fizze
    Participant

just out of curiosity: you dont have any extraordinary huge files, do you ?

blaket
    Participant

i dont think that i have to many i might have a few that are an hour or two long. being recordings of live stuff

rpedde
    Participant

@blaket wrote:

i dont think that i have to many i might have a few that are an hour or two long. being recordings of live stuff

Probably a song it crashes while trying to scan.

In your start menu group for firefly, you have an option called “Debug Mode”. Run that, then look at your log file (program filesfirefly media serverfirefly.log). It probably says a lot of stuff like “Found mp3 file: blah blah.mp3”, then a bunch of details. My guess is the last entry says “Found mp3 file: blah blah blah”, and maybe something about a codec, then nothing.

If that’s the case, the last file it mentions is causing it a problem. Remove the file (mailing it to [email protected], so I can find out why it crashed and fix it in the future) and start it again, and it will probably scan to completion.

— Ron

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.