server crashes when I access web interfacr

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues server crashes when I access web interfacr

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    politby

I have most everything working fine now – but one problem remains: whenever I access the server through the web interface, mt-daapd crashes. The log shows

2005-04-05 22:28:13: tag mtco, size 7274496, wanted 4
    2005-04-05 22:28:13: Aborting
    2005-04-05 22:28:13: Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    2005-04-05 22:28:13: Aborting

Any ideas?

/POL

rpedde
    Participant

Is this from the “playlist” tab on nightlies?

If so, generally my idea is: “don’t do that!”

๐Ÿ™‚

The web interface for playlists is actually the part most in flux right now. It probably won’t work right for some time. It only sort-of works in mozilla-based browsers, and I only a day or so ago added the rpc stuff on the daap side to allow modification of playlists, so it’s a work in progress.

Give it a while. It’s getting there.

— Ron

Post edited by: rpedde, at: 2005/04/06 00:11

politby

No, this is not playlist related; it happens whenever I access the web interface. It displays the first page after login, but then when I click on any of the tabs the browser displays a “connection failed” message and then when I check the mt-daapd.log file it turns out that the server has crashed.

/POL

politby

politby wrote:

No, this is not playlist related; it happens whenever I access the web interface. It displays the first page after login, but then when I click on any of the tabs the browser displays a “connection failed” message and then when I check the mt-daapd.log file it turns out that the server has crashed.

/POL

Forgot to say that I’m running the stable version (0.2.1.1)

/POL

g0pkh
    Participant

Not sure if you have now solved this problem, as the post is quite old and I have just joined.

But I thought I would mention this, as I have had it happen recently using 0.2.4

When I accessed the Web Interface the server would shutdown, and the slug need rebooting.

I was using a Web favourite via IE to access the console, and somehow this has got alterred to default to the config page, and the libk to shut down the server.

Somehow when I accessed the URL, and logged in, the webpage refreshed and shutdown the server.

This sounds weird, I know, but by deleting the IE “Favourite” and accessing again by directly entering the IP address of the slug followed by the port 3869 all was ok again.

Pete

rpedde
    Participant

@g0pkh wrote:

I was using a Web favourite via IE to access the console, and somehow this has got alterred to default to the config page, and the libk to shut down the server.

That’s really actually quite funny. ๐Ÿ™‚

g0pkh
    Participant

Took me a while to work out what on earth was going on tho’ ๐Ÿ™‚

Server worked fine until I accessed the console, then it shut down.

Pete

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.