Segfault on plugin loading

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    barefoot
    Participant

Hi there,

I am trying to run mt-daapd on an Asus Wl500gp with Oleg’s firmware. It is running somehow, but I have to delete all plugins in advance. If the server wants to load a plugin (no matter which), I get a segmentation fault, and that’s it.

This is very sad, because I need the rsp plugin to communicate with my Pinnacle box…

I can’t think of this being an known issue… any hints how to debug this?

rpedde
    Participant

@barefoot wrote:

Hi there,

I am trying to run mt-daapd on an Asus Wl500gp with Oleg’s firmware. It is running somehow, but I have to delete all plugins in advance. If the server wants to load a plugin (no matter which), I get a segmentation fault, and that’s it.

This is very sad, because I need the rsp plugin to communicate with my Pinnacle box…

I can’t think of this being an known issue… any hints how to debug this?

That’s almost always a library issue. Will it run like this:

/opt/lib/ld.so.1 /opt/sbin/mt-daapd -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

If so, then there are conflicting libraries somewhere.

— Ron

barefoot
    Participant

I don’t have “/opt/lib/ld.so.1” on my box. There is nothing beginning with “ld*” there (except ldconfig). Did I forget to install anything?

barefoot
    Participant

@barefoot wrote:

I don’t have “/opt/lib/ld.so.1” on my box. There is nothing beginning with “ld*” there (except ldconfig). Did I forget to install anything?

Seems that “ld.so.1″ is not part of the Asus firmware (at least the Oleg ones” anymore.

Any chance with setting a proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH or anything?

rpedde
    Participant

@barefoot wrote:

@barefoot wrote:

Seems that “ld.so.1″ is not part of the Asus firmware (at least the Oleg ones” anymore.

Sure you can try that. Try setting it to /opt/lib and see what that does. I’ve seen some libc’s that don’t inherit environment on fork (or something — not sure what) and still won’t work even with that setting.

Worth trying, though.

barefoot
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@barefoot wrote:

@barefoot wrote:

Sure you can try that. Try setting it to /opt/lib and see what that does. I’ve seen some libc’s that don’t inherit environment on fork (or something — not sure what) and still won’t work even with that setting.

Worth trying, though.

Did not help. I threw my version away and compiled from sources. Everything works like charm now. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.