Segfault on Fedora Core 4

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    davew

Howdy, I downloaded mt-daapd-cvs-20050620.tar.gz and tried to build it on Fedora Core 4 thusly:

./configure –prefix=/var/tmp/mt-daapd-cvs-20050620-1-buildroot/usr –enable-flac –enable-oggvorbis

This broke because FC4 actually calls its sqlite “sqlite3” and the configure couldn’t find it. So I built like this instead:

./configure –prefix=/var/tmp/mt-daapd-cvs-20050620-1-buildroot/usr –enable-flac –enable-oggvorbis –disable-sqlite
    make
    make install

The install went well, and I configured my /etc/mt-daapd.conf just like I had on my Fedora Core 3 installation of a previous mt-daapd snapshot. My permissions are all right as far as I can tell. But mt-daapd segfaults. I’m attaching the strace output.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Dave [file name=strace.txt size=30606]http://www.mt-daapd.org/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/files/strace.txt[/file]

Post edited by: davew, at: 2005/06/30 00:02

rpedde
    Participant

Long answer:

Actually, there are two stable and incompatible versions of sqlite. Sqlite 2.8.x and Sqlite 3.x. Generally, the packages are called sqlite and sqlite3.

Right now, mt-daapd requires sqlite, not sqlite3. You’ll need to install the sqlite and sqlite-dev packages. They can coexist with sqlite3 (which is why they go by two different names).

As far as the segfault goes, that’s really a message saying “you don’t have an underlying database implementation with which to store id3 data”. Perhaps I could work on a more suitable error message than a segfault, though. 🙂

Short answer:

install sqlite and sqlite-dev, and reconfigure without –disable-sqlite.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

–disable-sqlite is the other half of –enable-sqlite. Once there are multiple sql backends (sqlite3, mysql, postgres, etc), then I’d like to be able to be able to compile just those backends I’m interested in.

That’s why it’s there, even though it doesn’t make any sense. I’m hoping that it will someday. 🙂

Maybe just a shallow hope, but it’s there.

— Ron

bigben

Any luck getting this to work on Fedora Core 4? I can not seem to get both version of sqlite to work on the same server correctly. Any suggestions?
    Thank you,
    Ben

rpedde
    Participant

In FC4, the packages you need are called sqlite2 and sqlite2-devel.

— Ron

bigben

Thank you! Got it working.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.