Secure SHH Tunnel Minimal Remote Config?!

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Secure SHH Tunnel Minimal Remote Config?!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bloaty
    Participant

Firefly is awesome! It was so easy to setup on my local network, but now I need to get all that music goodness to my computer from the net. πŸ˜•
    I need to find a way to get it to my work computer, past the firewall and crazy blood sucking admins :wink:, and to my windows PC, all while still being as secure as possible so as not to disturb the admin overlords and let all those 1337 script kiddies in. πŸ˜† πŸ˜• ❓ (My Language Arts teachers are crying right now.) πŸ˜†

fizze
    Participant

Theres an articlein the wiki about using an ssh tunnel and a bonjour proxy to enable remote access to firefly. πŸ˜‰

Bloaty
    Participant

Would I need to install anything on the client(Windows XP)? Also I cant change any firewall settings and im afraid that something may set off the IDS. Would SSH need port 22 to be open on the client router? πŸ˜•

rpedde
    Participant

@Bloaty wrote:

Would I need to install anything on the client(Windows XP)? Also I cant change any firewall settings and im afraid that something may set off the IDS. Would SSH need port 22 to be open on the client router? πŸ˜•

You can use putty, which is just a single executable, no install or anything to make the tunnel. You’ll also need the bonjour proxy, but as mentioned, that’s just a single java .jar file, so neither needs to be installed, per se.

As far as tunneling, ya, you’ll need to have port 22 forwarded to a machine (the daap server?) that’s running openssh server.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.