Scanning doesn’t index all the music

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Scanning doesn’t index all the music

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

mt-daapd/Firefly Version: distribution version
    Server Operating System: Ubuntu 8.04
    Server Hardware: Pentium PC, 1300 MHz
    Client Device: iTunes 7.6.2 for mac
    Connection of clients: through AP

Hello!

I have just set up firefly on my ubuntu server using hardy’s binnary. I have over 10,000 mp3 files divided on diferent folders and subfolders inside the directory pointed to firefly but the scan has just indexed around 4000 files.

The log of the program has not pointed any error. Anyone knows what might be happening?

Thanks a lot!

Unai

fizze
    Participant

The default loglevel (zero) doesnt actually give much info.
    Try upping the loglevel to 5, and then do a (full) rescan, and see what happens.

I’ll almost bet my left cheek that this is a permission issue πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

The default loglevel (zero) doesnt actually give much info.
    Try upping the loglevel to 5, and then do a (full) rescan, and see what happens.

I’ll almost bet my left cheek that this is a permission issue πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

hehe thanks a lot! it’s always the most stupid thing πŸ™‚ as you said, i fixed it checking the permissions πŸ˜‰ By the way, i just discovered roku’s soundbridge… nice device.. i might buy it… are you happy with it?

stretch
    Participant

They’re a great device.
    Unfortunately the best version, the M2000, is no longer manufactured and it’s very rare to find a second hand one for sale.

My preferred version these days would be the M1001. Roku still offer this version but Pinnacle don’t. If you live outside the US then you’ll have to order direct from Roku.
    A word of advice, replace the standard power supply, they run ******* hot.

fizze
    Participant

They SoundBridges are smart clients, and they do quite some codecs, but not all.
    The analogue output quality is not high-end, but still good. Digital output however is always resampled to 48khz (except in the said M2000 and M1000 units).

Thats about the biggest caveats there are. Its nice looking, the display is bright and readable and with firefly you can arrange all your music nicely.

Then again, if you have a big collection, you really have to properly tag and order it in order to be satisfied with such a player.

There is no joy when you want to listen to AC/DC’s Hell’s Bells, and you dive in to “Browse Artists” and get flooded with choices like “ACDC” “AC-DC” “AC DC” “ac/dc” etc.. you get the picture.

But I’m overall happy with the device and consider getting a couple of RoKu branded SoundBridge Radios.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks guys, my idea was to connect the analog output to my old but great stereo in the living room. I have no problems with the tags since all of my files are correctly tagged and reviewed… I have spent lots of hours doing it… hehe

So, basicaly, since I live in the EU I should get the M1001 model on roku’s web and change the power supply, right? πŸ™‚ What’s the difference of M1001 with the one offered by Pinnacle?

S80_UK
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

There is no joy when you want to listen to AC/DC’s Hell’s Bells, and you dive in to “Browse Artists” and get flooded with choices like “ACDC” “AC-DC” “AC DC” “ac/dc” etc.. you get the picture.

A problem which is easily solved I think – don’t have any AC/DC music πŸ˜‰

(sorry – couldn’t resist that…)

fizze
    Participant

@S80_UK: D’oh! Now you’re telling me this after I spent hours and hours in retagging…… πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰
    Seriously, one day my DB clean-up script will surface. You’ll see.

@unai_goiko wrote:

Thanks guys, my idea was to connect the analog output to my old but great stereo in the living room. I have no problems with the tags since all of my files are correctly tagged and reviewed… I have spent lots of hours doing it… hehe

So, basicaly, since I live in the EU I should get the M1001 model on roku’s web and change the power supply, right? πŸ™‚ What’s the difference of M1001 with the one offered by Pinnacle?

Nah, the power supplies work from 100-250V and 40~60Hz, so thats not an issue.
    The difference between the RoKu and Pinnacle versions is the software. RoKu has licensed iTunes client code, while Pinnacle hasn’t. So while RoKu’s units work with iTunes shared music and all derivatives (banshee, rhythmbox, etc), Pinnacle’s units don’t.

You’ll need firefly server to make good use of a Pinnacle Soundbridge. If that’s ok, then grab a M1001 from Pinnacle. πŸ˜‰
    Otherwise, import, since thats really cheap. Customs into the EU are about 5% on MP3 players.

stretch
    Participant

The Roku PSU’s work worldwide BUT THEY RUN HOT, much hotter than any other PSU I’ve seen. I’ve not taken one to work to test it but I wouldn’t be surprised if it came close to exceeding the case temperature rise requirements of products that I design.

This high running temperature is not conducive to a long life, visit the Roku forum and you’ll find a number of people who’ve resurrected their dead SoundBridges with an aftermarket PSU. How many people would have simply thrown the SB in the bin thinking it was dead?

In colder climate countries you can probably get away with it but none of my SB’s are connected to their Roku supplied PSU’s.

Just my 2c worth

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks guys πŸ™‚ I will give it a thought and possibly buy roku’s M1001 in June πŸ˜€

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.