problems connecting to a share

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bezvardis
    Participant

Hello,
    I am trying to share my music from a Mac to an Ubuntu machine. I installed and started Firefly server on my Mac. It seems to run OK. My iTunes on the Mac sees shared music and can play it. But the Ubuntu machine sees the share (both in Banshee and Rhythmbox) but when I click on it, it does not seem to be able to find any songs in the share (Banshee says: ‘connecting to Firefly’ but with no result, Rhythmbox does not display any progress but after a while displays note that it could not connect to the share). Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance!

rpedde
    Participant

@Bezvardis wrote:

Hello,
    I am trying to share my music from a Mac to an Ubuntu machine. I installed and started Firefly server on my Mac. It seems to run OK. My iTunes on the Mac sees shared music and can play it. But the Ubuntu machine sees the share (both in Banshee and Rhythmbox) but when I click on it, it does not seem to be able to find any songs in the share (Banshee says: ‘connecting to Firefly’ but with no result, Rhythmbox does not display any progress but after a while displays note that it could not connect to the share). Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance!

Try the entry on the FAQ on this. It look like tha tmight be the issue.

— Ron

Bezvardis
    Participant

Thank you, the firewall issue fixed the problem! Strange though, because previously I tried fixing this by switching off firewall at all, but with no success. Anyway – all works perfectly now. Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.