Problem streaming certain songs of the collection

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Problem streaming certain songs of the collection

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    svizi

Hi,

I am trying to figure out what’s going on and mt-daapd can’t stream certain songs under certain circumstances. Here are the facts :

1. All my songs are mp3.
    2. All of the songs are id-tagged properly if that matters.
    3. I had two songs which i had into a one – depth folder at my mp3 collection. They worked properly. Then I put them into a two – depth folder and itunes couldn’t play them ( they had a little icon something like info at the left of them and the didn’t begin to play ). I drag them back out of the folder and they played.
    4. I also have a song in a folder that doesn’t play but all the other on the same folder play.
    5. I use samba in order to move my songs over to my linux machine.

If anyone has something to share with me please post because this is a kind of annoying.

wilson_chan0913

I faced the same issue as you too. If i moved the song out the folder which it is failed to play, then it can be played properly.

fizze
    Participant

Songs are indexed by inode. So if you move a file the inode wont change, but the actual song location.
    To fix this, you gotta force a rescan of the DB, or even delete the db and start over. *shrugs*

A “fix” for this is not due before 1.0 however.

svizi

So it’s a matter of previous report to a certain song. If you move it to another location the i-node won’t change? The db believes that the song can be found at the certain location but it doesn’t?

rpedde
    Participant

@svizi wrote:

So it’s a matter of previous report to a certain song. If you move it to another location the i-node won’t change? The db believes that the song can be found at the certain location but it doesn’t?

Yeah, mt-daapd thinks its still at the old path, so when it tries to stream it, it can’t find it.

Short answer: delete the songs.gdb, and restart the server.

svizi

Where can i find songs.gdb?

rpedde
    Participant

@svizi wrote:

Where can i find songs.gdb?

In the db_dir in your config file. Probably /var/cache/mt-daapd.

— Ron

ftgy

I have the same problem. If you move the song out of the mt-daapd folder and update the database (I know it works if you do it manually, and I assume it would if it updated automatically), then put the file back, it will work and you don’t have to delete-database/restart.

This is a really silly problem that should definitely be fixed.

rpedde
    Participant

@ftgy wrote:

I have the same problem. If you move the song out of the mt-daapd folder and update the database (I know it works if you do it manually, and I assume it would if it updated automatically), then put the file back, it will work and you don’t have to delete-database/restart.

This is a really silly problem that should definitely be fixed.

The fix is to run nightlies. I’m not updating the 0.2.x codebase anymore.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.