15/06/2007 at 9:50 AM #1476
Hello! Can you help me sort my problem out, I’ve invested a lot of time in getting things set up so I can play tunes on the slug without the PC. My linux knowlege is zero and I, like many, blindly follow instructions.
mt-daapd/Firefly Version: svn 1586
Server Operating System: Linux
Server Hardware: NSLU2
Client Device: Pinnacle Soundbridge M1001, iTunes 7.1 for Windows,
Connection of clients: wireless access point
Summary of the problem.
1. I have unslung the slug, and thats OK, running V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta with no problems. I followed richdunlop’s excellent guide.
2. I can access the server via Telnet
3. The firefly installed correctly, I believe it is the nightly run and not the stable release, although I did first install the stable then realised I needed the nightly (Pinnacle Soundbridge) so I back tracked and insalled that over the top.
4. In the slug interface I have given permissions to RW to both admin and everyone, also I have 3 shares ADMIN (Disk 2), DISK 2 (Disk 2) and mp3 (Disk 2)
5. In windows explorer I can see Disk 2 on ‘Slug’ (:Z), I mapped it to Z drive. In that folder I dropped in a folder called mp3 and in mps I dropped in a music folder in theis format : Artist/Album/music files (mp3s)
6. When I web to the firefly and scan, it does not pick up the files, the firefly is pointing to /share/hdd/data/public/mp3 and I could not alter it, kept throwing up an erroe “Error : 500general:mp3_dir”
7. I therefore googled and followed the steps in this thread : http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=6017&highlight=
Issue : Firefly does not see the mp3 files, when I web to the slug interface I cannot browse to the files either, I see the mps folder, but it appears empty.15/06/2007 at 10:04 AM #11149
I rebooted the slug. Now in “My network places” I have 3 entries
admin 2 on Slug
disk 2 on Slug
mp3 on Slug
I therefore tried to drag n drop a music folder into mp3 on Slug and got the following error
Cannot create or replace [filename here]: Access denied15/06/2007 at 10:17 AM #11150
Whoooaaaa! getting there. I rechecked the slug setting, ‘everyone’ was R not RW, changed it to RW and rebooted, now transferring a music file over to mp3 on Slug….15/06/2007 at 10:20 AM #11151
I webbed into firefly and clicked ‘scan’ hasn’t picked up the file on ‘mp3’ So I’m still lost on this one. Anyone help?15/06/2007 at 12:24 PM #11152fizzeParticipant
telnet into the slug and check the permissions of your mp3_dir with:
ls -al /share/hdd/data/public/music
(assuming your mp3_dir is /share/hdd/data/public/music….)
You will need to give execute permissions to guest:everyone to all directories, and read permissions to the files themselves.
Also, guest:everyone neesd to have RWX to the database directory.15/06/2007 at 12:58 PM #11153
Thaks fizze, I actually got is sussed now! Instead of changing mp3 path to hdd, I pointed the firefire to flash and it worked.
If you are interested, check out the full story here:15/06/2007 at 1:49 PM #11154fizzeParticipant
All it comes down to is Unslung 6.8 behaving weird when using port 1 (share/hdd) and port 2 (share/flash) – for whatever reasons.
Cheers mate, enjoy your SoundBridge. 🙂
- The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.