Playlists, iTunes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AKropinski

Hello,

I’ve been working at getting my NSLU2 to work as MP3 server and have mt-daapd installed (latest unslung and the stable ipkg). The erver is running and working. I have smartlist working but now I’m trying to get static playlists to work. My playlists (.m3u) are in the music folder and list the song names. I have tow that work fine and show up in iTunes. When I add another, itunes fails to connect to the server. When I go to the log file I have a number of unknown meta code entries (what are they?) and then entering ws_returnerror (400: invalid request). If i delete the playlist and rescan everything works fine. I dont get any errors when the server adds the playlists to the db. I probably an leaving out some important info but if anyone has an idea it would be greatly appreciated.

tks

Adam

rpedde
    Participant

@AKropinski wrote:

I’ve been working at getting my NSLU2 to work as MP3 server and have mt-daapd installed (latest unslung and the stable ipkg). The erver is running and working. I have smartlist working but now I’m trying to get static playlists to work. My playlists (.m3u) are in the music folder and list the song names. I have tow that work fine and show up in iTunes. When I add another, itunes fails to connect to the server. When I go to the log file I have a number of unknown meta code entries (what are they?) and then entering ws_returnerror (400: invalid request). If i delete the playlist and rescan everything works fine. I dont get any errors when the server adds the playlists to the db. I probably an leaving out some important info but if anyone has an idea it would be greatly appreciated.

That happens in the 0.2.x line when there is an empty playlist. Like if it tries to add items to the playlist you are making, but it can’t find the files. That usually happens when the paths aren’t right relative to the playlist, or if it has backslashes instead of forward slashes, or something like that.

Double-check the m3u and verify that the paths are correct. It also seems to choke on paths that have special characters. There are fixes for that involving changing the codepage of your filesystem, but I’m not really familiar with that. Start with checking the playlist items really exist where the playlist says they do, though.

— Ron

AKropinski

Tks for the reply Ron,

I tried out MediaMonkey for creating playlists and they work fine. The ones I created had the paths correct (all teh mp3s are in the same folder as the m3u, thus the m3u just listed the file name). I noticed that MM adds lines like #EXTINF:336…. before the actual mp3 file name. What are they? Anyhoo, the issue is resolved (even though I dont quite understand).

Adam

rpedde
    Participant

@AKropinski wrote:

Tks for the reply Ron,

I tried out MediaMonkey for creating playlists and they work fine. The ones I created had the paths correct (all teh mp3s are in the same folder as the m3u, thus the m3u just listed the file name). I noticed that MM adds lines like #EXTINF:336…. before the actual mp3 file name. What are they? Anyhoo, the issue is resolved (even though I dont quite understand).

Adam

Those are extra metainfo that firefly/mt-daapd doensn’t parse. Stuff like album author, etc. Our server gets it from the actual file it points to.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.