Playlist problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cosmo

Hi,

I’m using version 1372 and have problems with some m3u playlists. Firefly finds the playlists but when it try to play them, I get a no entries message, while other music servers play them without problems.

Analysing the not working m3u files I found the following 2 different kind in my library that Firefly refuses to play:

1.) The path information is all in lower case letters while the actual path has also upper case letter. For example

Playlist: d:musicduran duran – a view to a kill.mp3
    Path: D:MusicDuran Duran – A View to a Kill.mp3

2.) These are playlist generated with Winamp having the following format

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:218,Fleetwood Mac – Tell Me Lies
    MusicFleetwood MacFleetwood Mac – Tell Me Lies.mp3

Would be cool if you could fix this… 😉

Cosmo

rpedde
    Participant

@cosmo wrote:

Playlist: d:musicduran duran – a view to a kill.mp3
    Path: D:MusicDuran Duran – A View to a Kill.mp3

Go into the web admin config interface and set “Case Sensitive” to “No”, and that should fix this one.

#EXTM3U

That’s harder, but I made a ticket for it. In the meantime, you can fix it with just about any playlist editor, I’m sure.

— Ron

wolfzell
    Participant

@cosmo wrote:

#EXTM3U

My playlists are generated with MediaMonkey and they have the same format.

Interesting bit: If a file has foreign characters, the entry looks like that:

#EXTINFUTF8:232,La Vienta РNi̱o
    #EXTINF:232,La Vienta – Niño
    #UTF8:La VientaForgotten Romance5 РLa Vienta РNi̱o.flac
    La VientaForgotten Romance5 – La Vienta – Niño.flac

Now Firefly (svn-1400) does not read my m3u-files. Is that still caused by that format or is there another thing I am doing wrong? (Yes, process_m3u is set to 1)

bye
    Wolfgang

rpedde
    Participant

@wolfzell wrote:

Interesting bit: If a file has foreign characters, the entry looks like that:

#EXTINFUTF8:232,La Vienta РNi̱o
    #UTF8:La VientaForgotten Romance5 РLa Vienta РNi̱o.flac

Now Firefly (svn-1400) does not read my m3u-files. Is that still caused by that format or is there another thing I am doing wrong? (Yes, process_m3u is set to 1)

It’s an encoding issue. the server wants them in utf-8. Can you set your playlist generator to output in utf-8?

wolfzell
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

It’s an encoding issue. the server wants them in utf-8. Can you set your playlist generator to output in utf-8?

Thanx for the hint. Just had a look, yes I can, and I had (I guess it was the default). Unchecked the option and the same entry looks like that now:

Now Firefly is reading the m3us, but not files with foreign characters. Logfile says:

2006-10-19 12:38:51 (00000400): Playlist entry La Vienta/Forgotten Romance/05 – La Vienta – Niño.flac bad: Path not found

So only songs with normal ASCII characters can be used.

I just checked, I can still play that song on the Soundbridge without playlists.

Just discovered another problem, but I will post that in an extra thread.

bye
    Wolfgang

rpedde
    Participant

@wolfzell wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

Thanx for the hint. Just had a look, yes I can, and I had (I guess it was the default). Unchecked the option and the same entry looks like that now:

Seems like it should work if the file is utf-8 encoded. Is it possible you could zip up both the referenced file and the playlist that references it and email it to me at [email protected]?

wolfzell
    Participant

Right now in your mailbox.

Thanks for your help.

bye
    Wolfgang

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.