Personal View in ITunes 7

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daffy

Hello everybody!

I am using Ubuntu 6.10 mit mt-daapd 2.4.0 an it works great!!!!

My problem is, that Itunes 7 don´t show any additional informations about the songs on the server – like datarate, tracknumber and so on …

I think, ITunes don´t save the settings, when i am enable things like tracknumber … When i restart ITunes, the settings are always lost!

But it seems, it is only when i connect to the server – in the local ITunes Database the settings will be saved!!

Any ideas??

Nice greetings from Austria!

David 💡

CCRDude
    Participant

Not sure what exactly you mean, but if you select those songs in iTunes (local) and then right-click them, you can tell iTunes to write all the information into the tags (e.g. ID3v2.3). If you do that, mt-daapd/Firefly will be able to read them (just in case the files didn’t contain those tags themselves yet, and newer Firefly versions could probably gather that directly from the iTunes database file – I’ld prefer proper tags one way or the other though 😉 ).

rpedde
    Participant

@Daffy wrote:

I am using Ubuntu 6.10 mit mt-daapd 2.4.0 an it works great!!!!

My problem is, that Itunes 7 don´t show any additional informations about the songs on the server – like datarate, tracknumber and so on …

I think, ITunes don´t save the settings, when i am enable things like tracknumber … When i restart ITunes, the settings are always lost!

But it seems, it is only when i connect to the server – in the local ITunes Database the settings will be saved!!

Any ideas??

Nice greetings from Austria!

David 💡

That’s a known bug fixed by nighlies. You can try that: http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org. You might uninstall your existing package first, though, and then re-set your config file, as the config file format has changed.

— Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.