Overly aggressive default scanning settings

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Overly aggressive default scanning settings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jamiew
    Participant

One’s library doesn’t change so often as to require a ‘Painfully aggressive’ rescan every 300 seconds. I set mine to the more reasonable 3600 (60 mins) and ‘normal’ priority.

Also, would be great if ‘automatically’ would try to claim port 3689 if available, I find myself very often needing to set it to that using ‘manually’ even if iTunes built-in DAAP server isn’t running.

rpedde
    Participant

@jamiew wrote:

One’s library doesn’t change so often as to require a ‘Painfully aggressive’ rescan every 300 seconds. I set mine to the more reasonable 3600 (60 mins) and ‘normal’ priority.

Normal and aggressive aren’t thread priorities, it’s how hard it tries to find the actual song length of songs that don’t have a length tag or an xing tag.

Also, would be great if ‘automatically’ would try to claim port 3689 if available, I find myself very often needing to set it to that using ‘manually’ even if iTunes built-in DAAP server isn’t running.

Couldn’t one achieve that by setting it to use port 3689?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.