other clients

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi guys,

mt-daapd is really cool. It even streams flac files. Unfortunately the streamed file (ogg, flac, mp3, wav) terminates playing after 5 to 20 seconds with my hifidelio of hermstedt (in the U.S.A. known as olive symphony I think). And because my disk space on that device becomes rare, I would like to use mt-daapd for storing some music on my gentoo-PC.

Another daapd arrives to stream files without problems, it is the daapd from deleet.de, but this server doesn’t stream flac files. Is there a possibility to keeping the connection between the hifidelio/olive, so all users of these devices (a lot in Germany/Switzerland) could use the mt-daapd to enlarge their music database.

Thank you very much!
    Aurel

rpedde
    Participant

The hifidelio doesn’t properly handle non-persistent connections — it expects the the server will not close the socket.

Unfortunately, that means I would have to know the size of the song before it was transcoded, which means that even if I made mt-daapd work with the hifidelio, it wouldn’t do transcoding of flac or ogg.

I guess what I’m saying is that it has to be a fix on the hifidelio side.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.