OSX ISSUES

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

There are two known issues with Firefly for Mac.

One is that it takes a long time to perform the initial music scan. This is fixed in the latest nightlies (http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org). Please update to svn-1359. The build on the nightlies page is for both 10.3 and 10.4. If you have 10.4, you can also try svn-1376. Both have the scan speedups.

The other issue is not being able to connect even after the music is scanned. This is probably a firewall issue. You can verify it by turning off the firewall and seeing if you can connect. If so, then it is indeed a firewall issue.

To be able to run your firewall while providing an exception for firefly, please follow the instructions in this thread

Feel free to post questions on any other issues (or even this issue if you still experience problems) to the forum. thanks.

— Ron

silvalves

Thanks a lot. I had been strugling for a week to solve the problem of SoundBridge not connecting to Firefly. You indicated the way – the CORRECT one, for that matter – and now I have the SoundBridge running smoothly, better that with iTunes.

Thanks again.

cfensch

Okay, I’ve done both issues. My Soundbridge is not reading anything from my Mac. I installed the 1376 version. Set it up exactly as said in the thread. First with no firewall setup, then with. The 1376 software reads all my library (as per the log), but after that, under “general,” it continues to either “start” or “restart.” I’m obviously having some kind of communication issue from my router to my Soundbridge, but cannot for the life of me figure out what’s up. I’ve searched the forums, but can’t seem to find a definitive way of solving this problem. I miss my tunes! Help!

cfensch

This is really frustrating. My Soundbridge still isn’t reading anything from Firefly. I’m not too good at setting up servers, etc., but I’ve followed the instructions to the “T.” Never had this problem with iTunes, but I reall don’t want to retrograde. *sigh*

michaelf

try shortening the name of Shared Server to just Firefly. It defaulted to a multi word server name, changing it to one word (and doing all the port and firewall changes) solved the problem.

I also downloaded uninstalled the version offered on Roku’s site and installed svn-1450

bkaatz
    Participant

anyone else having this problem: i’m running the latest nightly and continue to have the problem that ff is always “starting” or “re-starting”. because of this i can’t ever get into the web-based configuration tool (Open Web Page). is this a mac problem? i even did a full manual uninstall and then re-installed the nightly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@bkaatz wrote:

anyone else having this problem: i’m running the latest nightly and continue to have the problem that ff is always “starting” or “re-starting”. because of this i can’t ever get into the web-based configuration tool (Open Web Page). is this a mac problem? i even did a full manual uninstall and then re-installed the nightly.

I had this problem until I discovered that setting manually the port (Advanced tab) solved the issue.

btw I have already the Firefly server running in a “new” platform: a hacked apple tv (os x 10.4.8). Testing right now and it works great (xfinger). No more disk disasters alla NSLU!!!!!!

JL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.