OSX, can’t install newer versions…

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues OSX, can’t install newer versions…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    foot
    Participant

howdy. i’ve been downloading the occasional nightly and going through the OSX upgrade routine: mount dmg, click “quit firefly”, click “uninstall firefly”, click “firefly.prefpane.” simple, painless, no problem.

except… every time i’ve done it since svn-1586, it hasn’t stuck. when i relaunch firefly via the prefpane, my log shows

mt-daapd[2866]: Firefly Version svn-1586: Starting with debuglevel 2

i’ve gone through and manually deleted the prefpane in the system folder, as well as the firefly directory in my application support folder, to no effect. i’ve even tried a “find / -name mt-daapd”, but it looks like it’s not actually called that, but something else inside the prefpane/frameworks folder.

(pardon my lack of correct mac jargon, i started with mt-daapd on linux and still don’t have my OSX chops up to speed.)

anyway, so my question is twofold:

– where else in in the OS could mt-daapd/firefly be hiding?

– or (unlikely, to be sure) am i running the latest version, but the build string hasn’t been updated?

thanks!

rpedde
    Participant

@foot wrote:

howdy. i’ve been downloading the occasional nightly and going through the OSX upgrade routine: mount dmg, click “quit firefly”, click “uninstall firefly”, click “firefly.prefpane.” simple, painless, no problem.

except… every time i’ve done it since svn-1586, it hasn’t stuck. when i relaunch firefly via the prefpane, my log shows

mt-daapd[2866]: Firefly Version svn-1586: Starting with debuglevel 2

i’ve gone through and manually deleted the prefpane in the system folder, as well as the firefly directory in my application support folder, to no effect. i’ve even tried a “find / -name mt-daapd”, but it looks like it’s not actually called that, but something else inside the prefpane/frameworks folder.

(pardon my lack of correct mac jargon, i started with mt-daapd on linux and still don’t have my OSX chops up to speed.)

anyway, so my question is twofold:

– where else in in the OS could mt-daapd/firefly be hiding?

– or (unlikely, to be sure) am i running the latest version, but the build string hasn’t been updated?

thanks!

More likely, my build process is broken for osx. I won’t be able to take a look at it until Friday, though.

foot
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

More likely, my build process is broken for osx. I won’t be able to take a look at it until Friday, though.

great, thanks!

(and, that being the case, i’ll save another possible bug report until after i know which version i’m actually using!)

rpedde
    Participant

@foot wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

great, thanks!

(and, that being the case, i’ll save another possible bug report until after i know which version i’m actually using!)

It is indeed broken. I’ve verified the breakage, and will have it fixed tomorrow, with a new nightly, once I’ve fixed the stuttering flac issue on windows.

— Ron

Sqeze
    Participant

I have a different but possibly related problem – every build after 1586 hangs (never finished starting) after I start install and start Firefly (PPC Mac mini with OS X 10.4.10). Build 1586 fires up just fine. Could it be that the build process for the Mac is still broken? I haven’t made a fuss previously since 1586 works fine, but having seen this thread I did wonder if there could still be a problem?

rpedde
    Participant

@Sqeze wrote:

I have a different but possibly related problem – every build after 1586 hangs (never finished starting) after I start install and start Firefly (PPC Mac mini with OS X 10.4.10). Build 1586 fires up just fine. Could it be that the build process for the Mac is still broken? I haven’t made a fuss previously since 1586 works fine, but having seen this thread I did wonder if there could still be a problem?

I was missing a shared library, but I think I fixed in the latest latest one. I’ll double check. It’s kinda hard for me to test, as I only have one ppc machine, and it has all the libraries and stuff already via fink. :/

— Ron

Sqeze
    Participant

OK – thanks. 1673 was still “broken” but I’ll take a look when you post the next build and let you know how it looks. Cheers, John

Sqeze
    Participant

Hello Ron,

I had the same problem again with 1676. I re-ran the startup with debug level 9 and will e-mail you the zipped file of the first several minutes of the start-up. Maybe it’s something at my end, but if you could take a look I would really appreciate it!

Thanks, John

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had the same problem again with 1676.

1676 worked fine over here – no hang on intial startup like earlier mac versions (though I just made a big jump from a 15xx build to 1676 on my mac instance – I’m not referring to the slug build)

rpedde
    Participant

@Sqeze wrote:

Hello Ron,

I had the same problem again with 1676. I re-ran the startup with debug level 9 and will e-mail you the zipped file of the first several minutes of the start-up. Maybe it’s something at my end, but if you could take a look I would really appreciate it!

Thanks, John

Great, that will help.

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.