NSLU2 iTunes can’t see my music

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues NSLU2 iTunes can’t see my music

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rob0594
    Participant

Hi,

I have successfully unslung my NSLU2(version 6.8beta) to a hard drive on disk 2.
    I have then installed mt-daapd using ‘ipkg install mt-daapd’ after updating ipkg (version 0.2.4). I have successfully set up the config file pointing to my music on the drive and when I start the server it finds 2000 odd files and starts correctly with no errors in the log using -d2.
    I can successfully access the web interface and everything looks good.

My problem is that iTunes(version 7.0.2.16) on my Windows XP laptop does not see my files. I have windows firewall turned off and my network consists of a Netgear DG834G wireless ADSL router which the NSLU2 is connected to.

Should I scub my mt-daapd install and start again, perhaps using a nightly version? or am I missing something obvious? any help appreciated.

Cheers,
    rob

richdunlop
    Participant

What version of the DG834G do you have?

rob0594
    Participant

Do you mean what firmware version?
    Its the standard that came with it (bought it in June 2006). I’ll post back the exact firmware when I get home from work.

Cheers,
    rob

richdunlop
    Participant

Rob – also the hardware version (look at the label on the bottom of the unit). What’s driving my thinking here is that the v3 has a well known issue – it doesn’t route multicast packets between the ethernet and wireless interfaces. This is fixed in a recent firmware upgrade.

rob0594
    Participant

Cheers Rich.

Your assumption was correct! My router is a version 3, upgraded to the latest firmware and iTunes now sees all my music.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Rob.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.