NSLU Newbie Install Problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TheWalkman

I’ve installed the NSLU and unslung but can’t seem to get the final step completed to get Firefly running.

I tried browsing using http://myslugipaddress:3689 to set the default directory but I.E couldn’t connect. When this didn’t work, I did a ‘ipkg install mt-daapd’ but the prompt said nothing to do.

Can someone help me tell:

A) is Firefly in fact running properly
    B) what I need to change in the file /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf from => to so that firefly will see my mp3s. (I can muddle my way through vi but not sure what parameters I need to change.

The slug seems to be running properly – no issues telneting or copying files via the gui.

Sorry for the dumb question. I’m to Linux and finding the install a bit frustrating.

Thanks

rpedde
    Participant

@TheWalkman wrote:

I’ve installed the NSLU and unslung but can’t seem to get the final step completed to get Firefly running.

I tried browsing using http://myslugipaddress:3689 to set the default directory but I.E couldn’t connect. When this didn’t work, I did a ‘ipkg install mt-daapd’ but the prompt said nothing to do.

Can someone help me tell:

A) is Firefly in fact running properly
    B) what I need to change in the file /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf from => to so that firefly will see my mp3s. (I can muddle my way through vi but not sure what parameters I need to change.

The slug seems to be running properly – no issues telneting or copying files via the gui.

Sorry for the dumb question. I’m to Linux and finding the install a bit frustrating.

Thanks

Do a “/opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd” to start it first. Sounds like it isn’t started.

You can also check this: http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/NSLU2_Installation. It’s the start of a step-by-step install guide for the slug.

– Ron

TheWalkman

Thanks.

I did this and it said no such file or directory
    Error reading config. file.

rpedde
    Participant

@TheWalkman wrote:

Thanks.

I did this and it said no such file or directory
    Error reading config. file.

Okay. Let’s start back at the basics. What version have you installed?

If you slug was running and the only thing you did was this:

# ipkg install mt-daapd
    # /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd

Then you have 0.2.4. If that’s the case, then probably your hard drive isn’t in drive 1, or you haven’t made a folder called mp3 in the public directory.

Either way, the fix is to edit /opt/etc/mt-daapd.conf and change the mp3_dir parameter to where the mp3 files actually are.

Where are they? Did you put them as a subdirectory of one of the DISK 1/DISK 2 shares, or did you make a new share for them? And if so, off what disk?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.