NSLU-2 / Firefly / Soundbridge problem when changing router

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues NSLU-2 / Firefly / Soundbridge problem when changing router

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    slipincat
    Participant

You can always assign the IP to the NSLU mac address on the router so it won’t be reassigned by mistake by the DHCP server.
    This is what I did with my NSLU on my router.

fizze
    Participant

I did so too, but actually to use dnsmasq to resolve its hostname ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyway, it’s best to seperate “dynamic” hosts and “static” hosts on a network. Just don’t get too crazy and turn on DHCP on the slug, coz thats utterly broken.

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

I did so too, but actually to use dnsmasq to resolve its hostname ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyway, it’s best to seperate “dynamic” hosts and “static” hosts on a network. Just don’t get too crazy and turn on DHCP on the slug, coz thats utterly broken.

All mine are dhcp configed. ๐Ÿ™‚

— Ron

Jxn
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Yes, should get you out of most trouble if you don’t mix dynamic and static IP addresses.

If giving the Slug a static or dynamic address through DHCP is a problem depends on which firmware you have on it. I have Debian Etch running on my Slug, and that works good. But then again, servers should have static addresses.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.