no playback of musepack files

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    goana
    Participant

hi together,
    I have a soundbridge M1001 which gets the audios from my unslung NSLU2 (V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta) with the firefly server (nightlies svn-1549).

The playback of mp3, ogg and flacs is no problem. But I can not playback of musepack (mpc) audios.
    What I have to do to play also mpc at my soundbridge?

Any ideas

goana

rpedde
    Participant

@goana wrote:

hi together,
    I have a soundbridge M1001 which gets the audios from my unslung NSLU2 (V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta) with the firefly server (nightlies svn-1549).

The playback of mp3, ogg and flacs is no problem. But I can not playback of musepack (mpc) audios.
    What I have to do to play also mpc at my soundbridge?

Any ideas

goana

You’ll have to edit the mt-daapd-ssc.sh to transcode mpc files. They will come through with a codectype of “unkn” (or “mpc” if you compile it with the –enable-musepack flag).

Beyond that, I’m not sure. I don’t even know what program decodes musepack. What you’d have to do generally is find the command line that you use to decode musepack to a .wav file to stdout, then edit the mt-daapd-ssc.sh script to run that command when it gets a musepack file. Check the file out, it should be very easy to read and understand. Just add another section just like the existing ones for flac and ogg, but for musepack instead.

— Ron

goana
    Participant

hi ron,

thanks for the reply.

I am really no expert in these things, but how can I edit the mt-daapd-ssc.sh and where can I find the file?

goana

goana
    Participant

I have tried to change the things in mt-daapd-ssc.sh as follows:

…..
    MPPDEC=/opt/bin/mppdec

mpc_file() {
    $MPPDEC –wav –prev –gain 2 “$FILE” | $WAVSTREAMER -o $OFFSET $FORGELEN
    }

if ( echo $1 | grep -i “.mpc$” > /dev/null 2>&1 ); then
    mpc_file
    exit;
    fi
    ….

but I have no permission to save the changed file.
    Moreover, the location of the file is adminoptsbinmt-daapd-ssc.sh …. and not adminusrsbinmt-daapd-ssc.sh as reported in other threads.
    Maybe, this is the problem?

I am pleased about any help.

goana[/code]

rpedde
    Participant

@goana wrote:

I have tried to change the things in mt-daapd-ssc.sh as follows:

…..
    MPPDEC=/opt/bin/mppdec

mpc_file() {
    $MPPDEC –wav –prev –gain 2 “$FILE” | $WAVSTREAMER -o $OFFSET $FORGELEN
    }

if ( echo $1 | grep -i “.mpc$” > /dev/null 2>&1 ); then
    mpc_file
    exit;
    fi
    ….

but I have no permission to save the changed file.
    Moreover, the location of the file is adminoptsbinmt-daapd-ssc.sh …. and not adminusrsbinmt-daapd-ssc.sh as reported in other threads.
    Maybe, this is the problem?

I am pleased about any help.

goana[/code]

Where it is is probably right, otherwise ogg and flac work.

as far as changing the saved file, you are logged in as root when you edit, right? What program are you using to edit the file?

That looks like it should work, actually.

goana
    Participant

hi ron,

thanks for your answer.
    I have opened “mt-daapd-ssc.sh” with notepad (using my WinXP PC). I do not have logged in as root via telnet. Do I need a special program to edit the file?

I would be happy about any help.

goana

rpedde
    Participant

@goana wrote:

hi ron,

thanks for your answer.
    I have opened “mt-daapd-ssc.sh” with notepad (using my WinXP PC). I do not have logged in as root via telnet. Do I need a special program to edit the file?

I would be happy about any help.

goana

You’ll have to edit it with notepad, then save it someplace you can write to on the slug (the public share, maybe), then copy it from there to where it belongs while you are logged into the slug as root.

Does this make sense?

goana
    Participant

hi ron,

I have copied the new mt-daapd-ssc.sh file to the slug as described by you. Thanks for your help, the file is in place, but the soundbridge do not playback my mpc audios. The folder of the audio is visible in the soundbridge display but no audio files are recognized.

I think the problem is that there is no mpcdec in the opt/bin folder of the slug (there, I can see oggdec, flac and so on but no mpcdec).
    Do you know where I can find a suitable mpcdec file and how can I install it on my slug?

Many thanks in advance for your very helpful work.

goana

rpedde
    Participant

@goana wrote:

hi ron,

I have copied the new mt-daapd-ssc.sh file to the slug as described by you. Thanks for your help, the file is in place, but the soundbridge do not playback my mpc audios. The folder of the audio is visible in the soundbridge display but no audio files are recognized.

I think the problem is that there is no mpcdec in the opt/bin folder of the slug (there, I can see oggdec, flac and so on but no mpcdec).
    Do you know where I can find a suitable mpcdec file and how can I install it on my slug?

Many thanks in advance for your very helpful work.

goana

oh, sure. without that, it certainly wouldn’t work.

I’m not sure where you would get it. If it’s not part of unslung itself, then it would have to compiled for the slug, or else find someone else who has it compiled already.

Anyone?

goana
    Participant

hi ron,

I have found the file “mpc_0.12.1-1_armeb.ipk” at http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/unstable/.

I am not sure, but can I use this one? And if yes, how can I install it?

Thanks for any help

goana

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.