No new nightlies

• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mas
    Participant

…since May? Anything special going on?

rpedde
    Participant

@mas wrote:

…since May? Anything special going on?

Lots of code cleanups.

You can track what I’m doing here: http://trac.fireflymediaserver.org/timeline

Basically, I’m re-writing all the file and socket code in a new abstraction to be cross-platform, which is essentially done. It compiles and runs now on both windows and unix. Now I just have to finish some cleanups, refactor the plugin code and I’ll have something nightlyable.

By moving all the file handling to one abstraction, I think I can fix all the problems with file system codepage type, as well as the problems with relocating absolute m3u files.

I had hoped this weekend I’d have a nightly to post, but it might still be another couple days. It will also likely be broken when I post it. 🙂

But yeah, work is progressing, mostly on cleanup toward a stable release.

— Ron

mas
    Participant

Sure take your time, was just wondering because at some time we had almost weekly a new nightly.

nschertz
    Participant

Ron,
    Just checking…status on next stable release?

NoSubstitute

Build svn-1696 (Mon, 29 October 2007)

That was the last “nightly”.
    One year and two months ago.

That is a pretty long time.

nschertz
    Participant

Just checking… has development of firefly ceased? No new entries by Ron on the development site since June 2008. Not complaining ..just inquiring

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m complaining. Can’t get this stuff to work, yet nobody’s working on it. What do we have to do get things moving again? Do you need some help, Ron?

stretch
    Participant

Ron more than likely will not answer.
    Yes, the project is in need of someone to continue working on it

mas
    Participant

You will have to email Ron directly to get an answer. His email is posted somewhere in this forum.

Otherwise indeed mt-daapd development is on hold since almost 2 years. Fortunately the latest code is quite stable. But we could use someone who has the time and is willing to take over…

Anonymous
    Inactive

If it’s so stable, why can’t i get it to work? At a minimum, we need to get some documentation together.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.