No music library’s found. Why? You tell me!

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues No music library’s found. Why? You tell me!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    walkera99

I inadvertantly upgraded to Itunes 7 before getting the email saying that was a bit of a no-no.

After a bit of research however it appears all is fine as long as you install this Firefly business, which I’ve done, taking care to point it to the correct folder where my music resides.

Problem is, although my Roku M1001 can obviously connect to my Windows XP PC, as I can receive Internet Radio, it will not detect my music library.

I have Bonjour installed, and although it says it is ‘stopped’ I undertand this doesn’t matter.

I’m hoping I’ve missed something obvious and my next post will be ‘thanks for your help, god what a muppet I am! ho ho!’

rpedde
    Participant

@walkera99 wrote:

Problem is, although my Roku M1001 can obviously connect to my Windows XP PC, as I can receive Internet Radio, it will not detect my music library.

Everything sounds okay. You’ve installed bonjour, as well as firefly, and it seems to be running — you can see the web interface, etc.

If you run iTunes, you should see the firefly server appear as a shared library. Yes?

Do you have a 3rd party firewall, beside the built-in xp one?

Sounds like you have everything done, and I’m kind of at a loss to figure why it doesn’t see anything.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.