No config page on web interface – Firefly running perfectly

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues No config page on web interface – Firefly running perfectly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Renno
    Participant

I’m running 1433 on an NSLU2 and although I could view the config page on the web interface originally, it has now disappeared. On the Server Status page, the songs served, uptime and songs labels are all blank. But…. Firefly is working perfectly. Any ideas?

I’ve noticed that in my DISK1/tmp folder there is still a copy of
    mt-daapd_svn-1400-1_armeb.ipk
    as well as the version for 1433. Could this be related?

Paul

fizze
    Participant

no, the /tmp is cleaned on every reboot, I think.
    you can safely delete those files, however.
    They are not required once the ipkg’s have been installed.

Well, the blank fields….
    Firefly’s web-server uses javascript to present this info. So technically your browser renders the fields. on some systems there is a noticeable delay between the page, and those fields being populated. So thats alright.
    Try to reload the page or close and restart your browser.
    I sometimes had those issues, especially when firefly (or the slug) is busy (read: scanning).

Renno
    Participant

I’m not sure if it’s a browser issue (although I bow to your knowledge Fizze! 😀 ) I get the same problem in Firefox and IE7, and it happens at all times. My rescan interval is 0, so the slug/firefly shouldn’t be busy.

Everything else on the Server Status page is OK, (including the DB Version below the bits that aren’t appearing). On the config page, only “Configuration” appears at the top. All the other pages appear perfectly.

Renno
    Participant

OK this was mildly irritating when everything was working. Firefly crashed this evening. I cannot get firefly pointing to the right music directory, but even when I attempt to edit it in vi, the full .conf file doesn’t appear.

# vi /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf
    [1;1H[0J[1;1H# $Id: mt-daapd.conf 1148 2005-02-15 03:35:19Z rpedde $[2;1H#[3;1H# This is the mt-daapd config file.[4;1H#[5;1H# If you have problems or questions with the format of this file,[6;1H# direct your questions to [email protected].[7;1H#[8;1H# You can also check the website at http://mt-daapd.sourceforge.net,[9;1H# as there is a growing documentation library there, peer-supported[10;1H# forums and possibly more.[11;1H#[13;1H#[14;1H# web_root (required)[15;1H#[16;1H# Location of the admin web pages. If you installed from[17;1H# ipk, this is correct[18;1H#[20;1Hweb_root /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root[22;1H#[23;1H# port (required)[1;1H[24;1H”/opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf” line 1 of 249 –0%–[0K[1;1H

Apologies for the format. Shouldn’t the entire config file be able to be viewed here?

What has gone wrong?

rpedde
    Participant

@Renno wrote:

“/opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf” line 1 of 249 –0%–

That sure looks like the whole config file.

Might be a config file problem though… your config looks to be in the old format. You might try installing the package again and letting it overwrite your config file, then editing it through the web interface to point it to the right mp3 paths and stuff.

Also, what browser are you using, and do you have javascript turned off? It might be worth trying firefox. We try to make it work on all browsers, but firefox is what we actually use, so it probably gets the best coverage.

Renno
    Participant

Thanks Ron, as helpful as ever.

I deleted the conf file (I had earlier being trying to delete the wrong file), and re-installed and everything seems to be OK. I use Firefox – it was definitely a config problem and not a browser problem.

Paul

Renno
    Participant

After, turning off the slug over Christmas, I came back to find that Firefly had crashed. I reinstalled, but once again the config file doesn’t display on the web interface or when editing with vi.

[1;1H[0J[1;1H# $Id: mt-daapd.conf,v 1.3 2005/02/15 03:35:19 rpedde Exp $[2;1H#[3;1H# This is the mt-daapd config file.[4;1H#[5;1H# If you have problems or questions with the format of this file,[6;1H# direct your questions to [email protected].[7;1H#[8;1H# You can also check the website at http://mt-daapd.sourceforge.net,[9;1H# as there is a growing documentation library there, peer-supported[10;1H# forums and possibly more.[11;1H#[13;1H[general][15;1H#[16;1H# web_root (required)[17;1H#[18;1H# Location of the admin web pages. If you installed from[19;1H# ipk, this is correct[20;1H#[22;1Hweb_root = /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root[1;1H[24;1H”/opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf” line 1 of 298 –0%–[0K[1;1H

And that is all that is shown when attempting to edit. If I access the config file throught the NSLU2 interface, I can see the whole file, but when I attempt to edit it in vi, or view the firefly web interface – nothing.

As you’ll see above, I’ve had the same problem before, but no combination of deleting old config files, and re-installing seems to work.

Help!
    😮

Renno
    Participant

I’ve tried to go to a new nightly (1463) and the problem persists. Just notice that after #ipkg install mt-daapd I get the following

ipkg install mt-daapd_svn-1463-1_armeb.ipk
    Installing mt-daapd (svn-1463-1) to root…
    ipkg: extract_archive: /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root/lib-js/script.aculo.us/: File exists
    ipkg: /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root/lib-js/script.aculo.us/builder.js: Not a directory
    ipkg: /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root/lib-js/script.aculo.us/controls.js: Not a directory
    ipkg: /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root/lib-js/script.aculo.us/dragdrop.js: Not a directory
    ipkg: /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root/lib-js/script.aculo.us/effects.js: Not a directory
    ipkg: /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root/lib-js/script.aculo.us/scriptaculous.js: Not a directory
    ipkg: /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root/lib-js/script.aculo.us/slider.js: Not a directory
    ipkg: /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root/lib-js/script.aculo.us/unittest.js: Not a directory
    Configuring mt-daapd

I’m presuming this is central to my problem!

rpedde
    Participant

@Renno wrote:

After, turning off the slug over Christmas, I came back to find that Firefly had crashed. I reinstalled, but once again the config file doesn’t display on the web interface or when editing with vi.

[1;1H[0J[1;1H# $Id: mt-daapd.conf,v 1.3 2005/02/15 03:35:19 rpedde Exp $[2;1H#[3;1H# This is the mt-daapd config file.[4;1H#[5;1H# If you have problems or questions with the format of this file,[6;1H# direct your questions to [email protected].[7;1H#[8;1H# You can also check the website at http://mt-daapd.sourceforge.net,[9;1H# as there is a growing documentation library there, peer-supported[10;1H# forums and possibly more.[11;1H#[13;1H[general][15;1H#[16;1H# web_root (required)[17;1H#[18;1H# Location of the admin web pages. If you installed from[19;1H# ipk, this is correct[20;1H#[22;1Hweb_root = /opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root[1;1H[24;1H”/opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf” line 1 of 298 –0%–[0K[1;1H

And that is all that is shown when attempting to edit. If I access the config file throught the NSLU2 interface, I can see the whole file, but when I attempt to edit it in vi, or view the firefly web interface – nothing.

As you’ll see above, I’ve had the same problem before, but no combination of deleting old config files, and re-installing seems to work.

Help!

I believe this is from trying to use the built-in telnet rather than putty to get to your slug. Try using putty. Or else you are have a bad TERM variable, or missing termcap, or something strange like that.

Are you out of disk space? It seems like you might be out of disk space on the /opt partition, or perhaps in /tmp. Are you booting from a flash drive?

:o[/quote]

Renno
    Participant

Thanks Ron,

I use Putty, so that’s not the problem.

I’ve unslung to a 1GB Flash USB stick in DISK 1 in the slug, (with a 300GB WD HD in DISK2), so I’m not sure that’s a problem either.

Would doing a meminfo help?

cat /proc/meminfo
    total: used: free: shared: buffers: cached:
    Mem: 31256576 30601216 655360 0 15355904 7110656
    Swap: 188604416 2945024 185659392
    MemTotal: 30524 kB
    MemFree: 640 kB
    MemShared: 0 kB
    Buffers: 14996 kB
    Cached: 5828 kB
    SwapCached: 1116 kB
    Active: 16188 kB
    Inactive: 8340 kB
    HighTotal: 0 kB
    HighFree: 0 kB
    LowTotal: 30524 kB
    LowFree: 640 kB
    SwapTotal: 184184 kB
    SwapFree: 181308 kB
    #

Does this confirm anything? If memory’s OK, what’s the next step?

Cheers,

Paul

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.