nightlies wont launch on NSLU2

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    morglum

Hello,

I’ve been using mt-daapd without too much problem. I stopped using it for a couple weeks and now that I’m coming back at it, I have this weird problem where it wont start. I uninstalled nightlies and installed the latest version.

Basically here is what happens:
    – Even though there is a /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd file, mt-daapd doesnt launch on the nslu2 startup

-when i telnet into the slug and try to manually run the s60mt-daapd file, the slug freezes. I lose the telnet connection and cant access it over the web interface either.

For some reason it worked once after many tries, but now it doesnt work anymore. I have no idea what I have done differently on that one try.

Simon

morglum

Oh wait.

It seems that after waiting for a longer while (say 5ish minutes), the NSLU2 recovers (i can now log back in using telnet, and the server is up).

sorry about that

edit: but why wont it launch on startup?

rpedde
    Participant

@morglum wrote:

Oh wait.

It seems that after waiting for a longer while (say 5ish minutes), the NSLU2 recovers (i can now log back in using telnet, and the server is up).

sorry about that

edit: but why wont it launch on startup?

That may be a packaging problem. I’m not making the rc symlinks.

fizze
    Participant

depending on what system you actually use on your NSLU2….. ?

Anyway, the 5min-ish delay is DB creation / foreground scan, which practically renders the slug useless while mt-daapd is at it.

Same with my uNSLUng’d (6.8) slug.
    Maybe i should finally get around to de-underclocking…. πŸ™„

morglum

fizze: I’ve got about 4 songs in the DB… a full scan takes only a fraction of a second :/ . Running unslung r63. Anyway,the good part is that it’s working πŸ™‚

Ron: I have no idea what RC symlink is/are, but as long as it’s normal I’m happy πŸ™‚

fizze
    Participant

hm do you use 0.2.4 ?
    or a nightly ?

well, if your scan_type is not painfully agressive πŸ˜‰

glad its up and running.

morglum

Oh wait.
    Actually it *is* set on painfully agressive. I thoguht I was using the default .conf though.

Silly me.
    Thanks
    πŸ™‚

stretch
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

I’ve done it. It makes a huge difference.
    I would regularly get “Waiting for…” messages on my SB until I de-underclocked the slug. I still get them but blink & you miss it.

rpedde
    Participant

@stretch wrote:

@fizze wrote:

I’ve done it. It makes a huge difference.
    I would regularly get “Waiting for…” messages on my SB until I de-underclocked the slug. I still get them but blink & you miss it.

The slug I use for music serving is still underclocked. My sb is wired, though, not wireless, so that might make a difference.

fizze
    Participant

ya, mine is on a rather weak wireless link, max b/w should be around 2Mbps.

Well, I normally spend quite some tim emaking playlists and then listen for hours, so its ok.
    Im happy πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.