Musepack (MPC) not working?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    grommet
    Participant

I don’t seem to be able to index/serve/transcode Musepack files in 1206. Am I doing something wrong? Yes, I added “.mpc” under extensions. They are tagged correctly (APEv2), but Firefly seems to ignore them…

Firefly svn-1206 Win32

rpedde
    Participant

@grommet wrote:

I don’t seem to be able to index/serve/transcode Musepack files in 1206. Am I doing something wrong? Yes, I added “.mpc” under extensions. They are tagged correctly (APEv2), but Firefly seems to ignore them…

Firefly svn-1206 Win32

It needs taglib support to decode ape tags. I was doing good to get all the other libraries ported, and didn’t bother trying to get taglib compiled. If it’s something you are interested in, I can throw it in — assuming the library moves to win32 fairly easily. If it turns out to be too much of a wrestling match, I’ll probably defer it until post 1.0

— Ron

p.s. I’m tracking it as ticket #148

grommet
    Participant

Low priority… I just assumed Musepack/MPC support due to the mention in the default .conf (on Win32). I assume that means APE support isn’t there, either? 😀 Maybe drop the mention in .conf for now, at least for Wn32?

rpedde
    Participant

@grommet wrote:

Low priority… I just assumed Musepack/MPC support due to the mention in the default .conf (on Win32). I assume that means APE support isn’t there, either? 😀 Maybe drop the mention in .conf for now, at least for Wn32?

Correct. Although the ffmpeg transcoder should be able to handle both musepack and monkey’s audio.

If you send me samples, I can take a stab at it. I’ve got the weird wma stuff to fix, but once I fix that, I can look a the ape and mpc.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.