mt-daapd on Terastation – NOW WORKING

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd on Terastation – NOW WORKING

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m *still* trying to get firefly working on my terastation and have now managed to get libsqlite and libid3tag libraies installed without borking the TS, BUT the version of firefly I’m using mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1586_sarge_powerpc.deb has been complied with ogg support and possibly other requirements which make it a whole lot harder to get working..
    Is there anybody who can provide me with a ppc binary which doesnt depend on ogg/vorbis? Please.

Also are there other options which I haven’t discovered yet which may make my life difficult later (flac or howl spring to mind)?

Thanks
    Nicknoxx

Anonymous
    Inactive

An idle afternoon has led to progress. I installed just the libraries from the debian PPc version of libogg, libvorbis libFlac and have made progress.

Syslog shows the foollowing:-
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[987]: Firefly Version svn-1586: Starting with debuglevel 2
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[987]: Plugin loaded: ssc-script/svn-1586
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[987]: Plugin loaded: rsp/svn-1586
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[987]: Plugin loaded: daap/svn-1586
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[987]: Starting rendezvous daemon
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[987]: Starting signal handler
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[989]: Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): Misc SQL Error: no such table: config
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[989]: Can’t get db version. New database?
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[989]: Initializing database
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[989]: Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): ?
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[989]: Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): ?
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[989]: Full reload…
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[989]: Starting web server from /mnt/array1/firefly/usr/share/mt-daapd/admin-root on port 3689
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[989]: Registering rendezvous names
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[989]: Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): Misc SQL Error: no such table: songs
    May 31 16:36:15 BIGBOY mt-daapd[989]: Error getting song count: Misc SQL Error: no such table: songs

fizze
    Participant

Seems like the user firefly / mt-daapd runs as does not have write permission to the db_directory, or the disk is full.

Also, be sure to give mt-daapd read permissions to all files within the music_dir, and execute and read permission to all dirs within 😉

Thinking of getting a Terastation myself – hope mt-daapd runs smooth & sound 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

You were right, it was a permissions issue.

Now sort of working:

I can connect to firefly from a web browser and scan for songs – 6939 found BUT when I try to connect from the Soundbeidge It can’t connect and I get the following error:-
    Error in zlib: -2
    Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.

fizze
    Participant

You didnt enable compression in the mt-daapd config file by any chance?

Other than that, did you try to connect throug DAAP or RCP?

If you have a pinnacle branded soundbridge forget about DAAP, if yours is a roku, then try not to load the rcp.so plugin.

Can you try to connect with any other clients? GIT? iTunes, banshee, rhythmbox?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You didnt enable compression in the mt-daapd config file by any chance?

Not deliberately – how would I check?

Other than that, did you try to connect throug DAAP or RCP?

errm don’t know

If you have a pinnacle branded soundbridge forget about DAAP, if yours is a roku, then try not to load the rcp.so plugin.

I’m in the UK so mine’s a Pinnacle. The reason for installing firefly as opposed to Pcast which is already on my TS is so I can play iTunes playlists

Can you try to connect with any other clients? GIT? iTunes, banshee, rhythmbox?

Yes I can connect using iTunes on my PC

Error in zlib: -2 – This may have been co-incidence as it doesn’t always happen
    Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting. – This does

rpedde
    Participant

@account_doesnt_work wrote:

Error in zlib: -2 – This may have been co-incidence as it doesn’t always happen
    Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting. – This does

That’s secret code for “zlib too old”. I keep meaning to recover from that more gracefully, but I hardly ever see it.

The oldest version that supports gzip wrappers is 1.2.0.4 (Aug 2003).

I think the version you have is older than that. Is it possible to upgrade your zlib?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it possible to upgrade your zlib?

I don’t know. There are only two files with zlib in the title on my Terastation, zlib_inflate.o and zlib_deflate.o. I’m a bit nervous about changing them as the deflate one is probably used to uncompress the kernel at boot time and that could brick the TS if it went wrong. What do you think?

Anonymous
    Inactive

With help from a very nice man called Andre on the Linkstationwiki it now works!!!

I’m streaming music directly from my Terastation to my Soundbridge using Firefly

Thanks everybody

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a TeraStation Pro and would like to do something similar. Are you by any chance transcoding FLAC to wave? If so, how is the performance?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.