mt-daapd nightlies on Synology DS 101j

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd nightlies on Synology DS 101j

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    grouper
    Participant

Hi there,

I installed the latest nightlies on my optwared DS101j, installation seems to work fine, edited the conf file and the web interface works.
    The interface shows 144 songs shared, no problems there.
    The only problem is, that neither i-tunes nor my Pinnacle Soundbrige can view the server.
    When I run a “ps” on my DS I see four tasks with mt-daap, is that normal?

I tried the corss comiled mt-daapd from the ipkg list and that one worked without a problem, but is not running with my Pinnacle Soundbridge.

I was not able to start the S60 File in init.d, I had to use bash or sh to start it.
    Does that ring any bell? 😕

Lots of questions,please help!

rpedde
    Participant

@grouper wrote:

I installed the latest nightlies on my optwared DS101j, installation seems to work fine, edited the conf file and the web interface works.
    The interface shows 144 songs shared, no problems there.
    The only problem is, that neither i-tunes nor my Pinnacle Soundbrige can view the server.

That isn’t so good.

When I run a “ps” on my DS I see four tasks with mt-daap, is that normal?

Yes — non nptl threads (linuxthreads) run 1 thread per process, so it shows up as four processes. They are light processes — they share the same memory, so the memory use isn’t as ugly as it looks, but it does show up each thread in a ps.

So yeah, normal.

There should be one process with different memory info — that would be the mdns responder, which is responsible for advertising in iTunes. So you should see 3 with the same memory use, and one with considerably less. The considerably less one is the mdns responder.

I tried the corss comiled mt-daapd from the ipkg list and that one worked without a problem, but is not running with my Pinnacle Soundbridge.

Hrm. Then it’s not a networking problem or anything. You say you *can* see the web interface?

Do you get anything in the syslog (/var/log/messages)?

You might also try to run it from the command line and see what it comes up with:

/opt/sbin/mt-daapd -d9 -f -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

See if there is any helpful info there.

Have you installed any other mdns stuff? Howl or avahi specifically?

I was not able to start the S60 File in init.d, I had to use bash or sh to start it.
    Does that ring any bell? 😕

Might check that it’s executable (chmod +x /opt/init.d/S60mt-daapd)

There is some stuff to check anyway.

grouper
    Participant

Thanks, I´ll go and check this stuff at first when I come home from work. I have nothing else installed, only mt-daapd.
    I´ve allready checked the log file and run the executable in command line mode. I can remember that there were some error messages (I´ll post them ASAP) with GLIBC.

grouper
    Participant

finally I did some checks with mt-daapd, in the meantime I set up Twonky and it works fine, so I did not have the pressure anymore getting mt-daapd running .-)

I tried the latest Nightly (1417,ARM), it installed without any comments. Now when I run start it with the script or with simply typing mt-daapd on telnet, I get a segmentation fault and the message that the core got dumped. I don´t know where I can find the dump, maybe this would help.

The former version I got up and running was not a nightly, it was the crosscompiled version 0.2.4 without the needed Pinnacle Protocol Plugin, so I could see the server from I-tunes on my PC but not with the SB.

Regards, Grouper

rpedde
    Participant

@grouper wrote:

finally I did some checks with mt-daapd, in the meantime I set up Twonky and it works fine, so I did not have the pressure anymore getting mt-daapd running .-)

If you still have the pressure or the need, try re-installing it and letting it overwrite your config. See what that does.

That said, I don’t have a synology, and haven’t tested it at all, so I’ll only know if it works if you tell me. 🙂

– Ron

grouper
    Participant

Hi Ron,

reinstalled it, rewrote the config file, edited it the way I needed (admin PW,MP3 directory) and still: Segmentation Fault,Core dumped.

So as far as I can tell its not running on Synology (in the Nightly-Build, as I said 0.2.4.1 works but has no support for my Pinnacle Soundbrige)
    Regards!

rpedde
    Participant

@grouper wrote:

Hi Ron,

reinstalled it, rewrote the config file, edited it the way I needed (admin PW,MP3 directory) and still: Segmentation Fault,Core dumped.

So as far as I can tell its not running on Synology (in the Nightly-Build, as I said 0.2.4.1 works but has no support for my Pinnacle Soundbrige)
    Regards!

hrmph.

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

— Ron

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.