mt-daapd crashing on initial scan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    indierocksteve
    Participant

Just installed mt-daapd for debian (mt-daapd/testing uptodate 0.2.4+r1376-2)
    and while running the initial scan I get the following error:

Found /MythTV/music/MyRips/Blues/T-Bone Walker – Original Source/T-Bone Walker – Original Source – 26 – She Had to Let Me Down.m4a
    Found music file: T-Bone Walker – Original Source – 26 – She Had to Let Me Down.m4a
    Codec type: mp4a
    Song length: 0 seconds
    esds bitrate: 0
    Guesstimating bit rate.
    Received a message from daap server
    Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    Aborting
    Floating point exception

rpedde
    Participant

@indierocksteve wrote:

Just installed mt-daapd for debian (mt-daapd/testing uptodate 0.2.4+r1376-2)
    and while running the initial scan I get the following error:

Found /MythTV/music/MyRips/Blues/T-Bone Walker – Original Source/T-Bone Walker – Original Source – 26 – She Had to Let Me Down.m4a
    Found music file: T-Bone Walker – Original Source – 26 – She Had to Let Me Down.m4a
    Codec type: mp4a
    Song length: 0 seconds
    esds bitrate: 0
    Guesstimating bit rate.
    Received a message from daap server
    Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    Aborting
    Floating point exception

Can I get you to email me that file at [email protected]?

indierocksteve
    Participant

on its way!

indierocksteve
    Participant

did you get the file?

rpedde
    Participant

@indierocksteve wrote:

did you get the file?

Yes, that file I have. Haven’t looked at it, as I’m trying to get one of the branched merged back into trunk, then I’ll start bug cleanup.

— Ron

kellyharding
    Participant

That debian package is very old. You could give the dapper .deb file in the nightlies page a try? I find svn-1586-dapper.deb works for me well.

Of course that file could also be currupt somehow.

Kelly

rpedde
    Participant

@kellyharding wrote:

That debian package is very old. You could give the dapper .deb file in the nightlies page a try? I find svn-1586-dapper.deb works for me well.

Of course that file could also be currupt somehow.

Kelly

Don’t think I’ve touched m4a scanning since the official debian package, though, so I think even nightlies would explode on that. Betcha a nickel it’s a division by zero. Doh.

— Ron

davesanti
    Participant

Ron,

The scans that crashed on me occured after I added some music to my DB that include some M4A files.. are you saying these will cause a problem..

Dave

kellyharding
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Don’t think I’ve touched m4a scanning since the official debian package, though, so I think even nightlies would explode on that. Betcha a nickel it’s a division by zero. Doh.

— Ron

I’d have no idea, coding (or atempting to) caused my brain to melt into gloop 😉

I’ve only ever gotten .flac and .mp3 in my collection. I suspect theres some apple DRMd files on one of my machines mind.

Now to read up and see about cron jobbing replaygain, etc.

If I can manage it, naturally I’ll write it up on the wiki 🙂

Kelly

rpedde
    Participant

@davesanti wrote:

Ron,

The scans that crashed on me occured after I added some music to my DB that include some M4A files.. are you saying these will cause a problem..

Dave

Nope, just pathalogical ones. I don’t hear too much about crashing .m4a files, so I suspect it’s something particular to those. I’d bet most of yours are fine.

Updating to nightlies wouldn’t hurt though.

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.