mt-daapd 1005

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’ve just installed the nightly 1005-1 and it works right out of the box as expected. Now my Pinnacle Soundbridge is able to see mt-daap at last.

Happy man here :laugh:

Those people at Pinnacle should be very thankful that you fix the daap license problem for them.

Some minor problems:

1) In iTunes I have set the “group compilations” flag, but how can I achive the same behaviour with Soundbridge (RSP) ?

2) The cool art_filename feature is still broken. I’ ve checked the logs with d9 and the server seems to find my folder.jpg but they don’t show up in iTunes anymore. I hope this feature is back soon.

Great job Ron !!

Regards

Rheinlaender

fizze

well I tried 1005 and 909 on my unslung nslu2 and both dont work.
    even with -d9 they just seem to hang somewhen.
    Havent been able to properly trace it.

What platform are you running them on ?

fizze

*weirdness*

there has to be something else amiss as well.

While it came up with only a fraction of my mp3_dir fine, it refused to do so for the whole shebang.

I read something about “bad” UTF conversions, well. I deffo do have some mp3s with “umlauts” and whatnot, donno if that causes the mp3-scan to hang in 1005.

After a hang, I guess the last written entries in the songs.db do give some hints on what might have went wrong, dont they ?

Post edited by: fizze, at: 2006/05/03 06:16

gordo
    Participant

I’m running 1005 on gentoo linux (x86) no problem except rsp protocol doesn’t seem to work with flac transcoding. It’s fine when I connect using daap to soundbridge or itunes but comes up format not supported when my soundbridges connect via rsp

ecosprog
    Participant

gordo wrote:

I’m running 1005 on gentoo linux (x86) no problem except rsp protocol doesn’t seem to work with flac transcoding. It’s fine when I connect using daap to soundbridge or itunes but comes up format not supported when my soundbridges connect via rsp

I’d like to second this. Transcoding of my Apple Lossless files works flawlessly when connecrting to the daapd server through my Soundbridge but gives a ‘format not supported’ message when I select the RSP server plugin.

Is this expected behaviour, or should the RSP server transcode as well?

rpedde
    Participant

Nope, the transcoding is currently tied to daap. I’m working on making that work. So far I’ve been concentrating on making a faster protocol, particularly for slow machines like nslu2. On my slug, it’s *way* faster to browse and stuff than daap. So that’s a win.

Next, I’m cleaning up the installer — making the nice user-y stuff… gui config tools, etc.

Once that’s done, it’s transcoding, then after that a stable mac package.

That’s kind of my timeline on the rsp stuff.

— Ron

fizze
    Participant

nice to hear that.
    I suppose you de-underclocked your slug ?

On my underclocked slug a library with ~7K songs is quite a pain to browse. Notice that the HD is NTFS formatted, i dont know what the impact on performance is. I read about other users stating its painfully slow. *shrug*

with the nightly, I once had the library reduced to like 700 songs and it was considerably faster. I guess thats as real as n times log n goes *g*

Which takes me to an interesting concept:
    Would it be possible to have multiple mt-daapd instances running, with different libraries ?
    So I could have, say, my favorites in a slim’n’fast library, while I could have the whole shebang on a second instance running on the same slug.
    Obviously changes in the scripts, config files etc are neccessary, but does anything else pertain the whole idea ?

rpedde
    Participant

It should go, yeah. You’ll need to use the -P flag to keep the pidfiles from stomping eachother, but that’s really it. Two config files, etc.

Re: speed, it must be your format. My testing library is ~6k songs, and it runs pretty snappy (other than initial connect with drive spun down).

— Ron

fizze
    Participant

well I juts fiddled some with sqlite3, and it really is snappy. So i suspect the soundbridge is the bottleneck here.

when I do a
    select * from songs where artist like %blah%
    it takes mere seconds. whereas to get the list of artists on the soundbridge takes 10-15 seconds, to browse by artist.

does anyone have any numbers for comparision on a NSLU2 / soundbridge ?

Post edited by: fizze, at: 2006/05/09 07:17

hm

Has anybody tried this yet?

Different pids, different config files, but are different network interfaces required?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.