mt-daap and itunes Listings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jimmybondo

So after running mt-daap in my college dorm for more than 2 months successfully, I find that my share has been harming the listing of itunes shared music clients. This means that people are able to view and listen to other shares when it is listed *before* my listing. Any listing *after* my share cannot be connected to. So if the listign looked like this:

Bob’s Music
    John’s Muzak
    Hillary’s Grooves
    JimmyBondo’s Music (thats me)
    Roger’s Jams
    Ellen’s Classic’s

The average iTunes user in the dorms would only be able to access Bob, John, Hillary, and my music. The others do not download for some reason. I enjoy mt-daap very much, is this a known bug, a problem with my system, or a bug I should file a report for?
    Jim

rpedde
    Participant

@jimmybondo wrote:

So after running mt-daap in my college dorm for more than 2 months successfully, I find that my share has been harming the listing of itunes shared music clients. This means that people are able to view and listen to other shares when it is listed *before* my listing. Any listing *after* my share cannot be connected to. So if the listign looked like this:

That not an iTunes problem, it’s a myTunes issue. You aren’t leeching music, are you? 😉

Yes, it’s a known problem. There are a couple forum posts that mention it, including code suggestions. Haven’t looked too closely at it though.

I probably will look at it more closely soon. It looked like it was probably a simple problem, just needed to be looked at more closely.

— Ron

jimmybondo

Of course I am only leeching music to which I have a license to…

Alright, that makes sense, there is also the problem with ourTunes which is Open Source.

Thanks,
    Jim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.