Migrating to NSLU2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MCFH
    Participant

Ron,
    This may be a bit of a Newbie question but here goes…
    I have succumbed and bought an NSLU2, unslung it and got firefly working on it fine.
    I have then mounted my new network hard disk as M: through to \MediaServerMusic, changed my iTunes library path and am consolidating my library onto the M drive.

Now iTunes appears not to let you choose a network share as a location for the libary and clearly the M: drive is a meaningless concept in Unix. However the contents of the iTunes XML file will all refer to the M drive.

How should I setup the shares etc. so that the XML file maintains a meaningful link on the PC running iTunes and firefly can find the tracks.

It seems to me that it would be very cool if Firefly could map the drives from Windows (or should that be DOS) world to the linux world when it parses the XML file so that I could map M: to /Music and it would sort the rest of the path.

Does that make sense?

Thanks
    Mark

rpedde
    Participant

@MCFH wrote:

It seems to me that it would be very cool if Firefly could map the drives from Windows (or should that be DOS) world to the linux world when it parses the XML file so that I could map M: to /Music and it would sort the rest of the path.

It would be. And it does. 🙂

Just drop the xml file in the path (maybe in the root of the share), and it should find it.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.