MACOS 10.4.10-have to switch of the firewall to get a connec

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion MACOS 10.4.10-have to switch of the firewall to get a connec

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    elninomed

Hey,
    I have to switch of the firewall of my MAC OS 10.4.10 completely in order to let the music sharing of firefly (latest betaversion) work.
    Otherwise I can see the server but can not connect my soundbridge to it.
    Can anybody let me know how I have to configure the firewall to listen to the shared music and have my firewall protection still activated.
    Thanks, Felix

PS.: Firefly Pref – everything is on automatic; I tried some other ports on manual but it did not work at all 😕

Anonymous
    Inactive

PS.: Firefly Pref – everything is on automatic; I tried some other ports on manual but it did not work at all

strange… normally assigning a port manually IS the best way to get FF working on the Mac. Of course you need to specify that port also in the firefly config page – and you need to add the port as an exception is the Mac firewall:

Go to System prefs/Sharing/Firewall and select New. Port name is ‘Other’, assign a port in TCP – I use 1024 for example. UDP leave blank, give the name ‘Firefly’. Ok that. Go to the Firefly pref pane is System prefs and click Advanced. Set ‘Assign Server Port’ to ‘Manually’ and then enter the port number you have chosen. Apply the change.

The other thing to do is shorten the automatically generated name assigned to Firefly – that was a known bug a while back that glitched up FF and may still be the case.

hope that helps…

rpedde
    Participant

@andyg wrote:

PS.: Firefly Pref – everything is on automatic; I tried some other ports on manual but it did not work at all

strange… normally assigning a port manually IS the best way to get FF working on the Mac. Of course you need to specify that port also in the firefly config page – and you need to add the port as an exception is the Mac firewall:

Go to System prefs/Sharing/Firewall and select New. Port name is ‘Other’, assign a port in TCP – I use 1024 for example. UDP leave blank, give the name ‘Firefly’. Ok that. Go to the Firefly pref pane is System prefs and click Advanced. Set ‘Assign Server Port’ to ‘Manually’ and then enter the port number you have chosen. Apply the change.

The other thing to do is shorten the automatically generated name assigned to Firefly – that was a known bug a while back that glitched up FF and may still be the case.

hope that helps…

what andy said with pictures:

http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/FAQ

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.